Saturday Report 34/19 Saturday Report 34/19 Saturday Report 34/19 Saturday Report 34/19

Default Saturday Report 34/19

Hello Gang,

I received a text from a fishing Buddy Friday saying he was going out and wondered if I was going to go over the weekend. Well he talked me in to it.

From the area he said his gang was going, I figured Huron would get me close to that area without to much of a trip.

It was my usual, leave about 1O:30 AM get there early enough to run the afternoon and evening.

When I got to a spot that felt good in my internal spot detector, I slowed down a bit to take a look. 53fow and the fish were all between the bottom and around 26 ft.

What ended up working for me was green bandit with black fish bone pattern, not sure of its name but it has been good. This rod #1 was set at 60 back- 2oz. -60 back.

Rod #2 was set up with a DHJ Orange firetiger I believe let out to the same numbers.

Rod #3 I put on a #1 dipsy w/ring at zero setting, Silver streak spoon Chart/chrome set at 64 back.

These setting were what ended up producing for me.

From the marks I was figuring there were going to be some other fish. Them white perch just look like big gangs of fish.

My first fish was a nice Walleye and it was on the Rod #3 Dipsey. I was expecting some thing else. So I was pleased. Not long after, the same rod produced another walleye. I thought to my well this may be the ticket maker. I was wrong. What I expected to happen started to happen. I am not sure how many, but I caught a bunch of very large white bass. My Dad always liked to fish for them. I wished he could have been with me, we would have just changed everything out and fished for them. At any rate, it was getting so annoying that I just pulled that rod in.

With the other 2 rods I caught 2 on each, and lost two at the boat.

When I made the trip back and the water was a bit rougher. I headed due South to follow the coast line and check out the Vermillion area. Nice looking properties for sure, but it was just the wrong angle for the waves and my craft to run wot. Would not have been fun for someone who doesn't mind a bit of water in the face now and then. I loved every minute of it. Was on the road and home before dark.

I'm ready to go again.

Regards,

Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 08-11-2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium