Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020 Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020 Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020 Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020

Default Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020

It was originally booked as a walleye trip, but with the NE winds forecast for the day, I asked Todd if his grandsons would be interested in fishing for perch instead. He said that the boys had never perch fished before, so that would be okay.

We launched out of Catawba, because of reports of perch being caught by the firing range cans the past several days. This was my first perch'n trip of the season, and I was excited, because anyone who knows me knows I love to go after the little buggers.

We launched at 6am and headed to G Can first. There were some marks there, so we set up and I explained to the boys how to hook the minnows on the two hook rigs I tie up and then how to work them.

I missed two of the first bites and then texted a friend who was at a different spot, and out a 1/2 hour before us, to see how they were doing. He said it was a fast bite, so we moved to the can they were at. There were A LOT of other boats at that can too, as it's a very popular spot during a perch bite, so I'm sure you can guess which one without me telling you. (I have to make you work a little bit for it...lol)

I'm guessing there are perch all over the area between the cans, and not just right on the cans, so if you mark them on your electronics...stop and fish them...then, you have a spot all to yourselves.

We had caught 63 perch, only one sheephead, and 3 white perch in the bunch too, so you can see there wasn't a lot of junk to sort through.

All we had were Goldies to use for bait, as none of the local bait shops had the elusive Emerald Shiners available. I stopped at Hi-Way for mine and was disappointed in the amount per scoop he was giving for the 5.00 price tag on them. I don't think we would have had enough to make it to 120 perch in the cooler without running out of bait. It is what it is, and so it goes....sigh.

But, it didn't matter, because an issue popped up with my trolling motor batteries.
    Unfortunately, the junk Interstate batteries used on the 36V Ulterra died and my "Spot-Lock" (anchor) was no longer working in the 2 to 3' waves. And, YES, I've already ordered some Crown Battery replacements, so that doesn't happen again.

Yes, I could have thrown an anchor, and started over, but my crew were happy with the catch they had already, and with the waves building decided to head back in instead.

Friday's trip has been rescheduled to August due to a NE wind.

I'll be out tomorrow with a fella that has had too many reschedules already, and hopefully we can find some walleye with the east wind that is forecast.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020-todd-ethan-landon-7_30_2020b-jpg Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020-todd-ethan-landon-7_30_2020c-jpg Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020-todd-ethan-landon-7_30_2020d-jpg Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020-todd-ethan-landon-7_30_2020e-jpg Fishing with Todd, Ethan, and Landon 7/30/2020-todd-ethan-landon-7_30_2020f-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Good job perching Juls.Too bad having that battery die on you.Was wondering how your trip with the Zart duo on Blue Dolphin went.Saw your picture on his Facebook page.How does he run his program?Think he has been fishing Lorain area for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Good job perching Juls.Too bad having that battery die on you.Was wondering how your trip with the Zart duo on Blue Dolphin went.Saw your picture on his Facebook page.How does he run his program?Think he has been fishing Lorain area for a while now.
    He does it the same way I do, but runs 4 boards per side and 4 dipsies per side, instead of a two board/two dipsey per side set up that I do. I usually have two people, but when I have a third, I can two more boards to the spread.
    Their spread wouldn't be conducive to allowing customers to work, so they do all the work and you just reel in the fish.
    [email protected]

Thanks Juls.Putting out 4 dipseys on each side is running them really close together.They really know how to catch fish too.They have caught money fish in the fall brawl a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Thanks Juls.Putting out 4 dipseys on each side is running them really close together.They really know how to catch fish too.They have caught money fish in the fall brawl a couple times.
    I've known them, and been friends with them since Nicholas was only 11 or 12 years old and began fishing tournaments with his Dad.
    [email protected]

Got blue dolphin facebook page on my favorites and keep track of how they fish and if I can,where.Have not fished with them though.I used to see Nicholas at the Rodmakers shop when he worked there and his dad at the Cleveland boat show.