7/28 Walleye 7/28 Walleye 7/28 Walleye 7/28 Walleye
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Walleye

The jets are similar to dipsies. Same concept. You need something to get your lures to the right depth.

I jusy noticed that people talk about the settings and line out. All of them come with the settings? And is it easier to run boards on those

How far do you set the dipsey above the spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC10 View Post
    How far do you set the dipsey above the spoon?
    I use 6 foot leaders on my TruTrips and Dipsey.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC10 View Post
    I was going to purchase the round divers. Is there a difference between the two. I found the settings and depth chart for them
    TruTrip divers run straight back and float when boat is not moving. Dipseys are weigthed and will sink when boat slows.

The dipsey can be set to dive directly behind boat or it can be adjusted to run off to the side to increase the spread of your rods.

They take some practice to set to avoid wrapping the release. Just release the dipsey under pressure sonit is always pulling. Do not let it oit fast, this creates undesired issues.

6. Default

Tony it really sounds like should go out with someone that will teach you how to run the different gear. I predict you wont catch any fish & wont have much fun unless you like to untangle fishing line if you dont.

I've been out on charter boats every year for the last 20 years. I'm sure I have a lot to learn but wouldnt go as far as saying I wont catch fish. I'm asking questions so I have more of a idea of what I'm doing. Ive gone out on trolling and drifting trips in the western and trolling in the central. I dont know everything but have a pretty good idea of what's going on. Also I'm taking a couple guys that charter 3 or 4 times a year and have a little more knowledge than I do. But I appreciate the support

8. Default

Great! Let us know how you do.

I appreciate all the great advice

It real easy to to run a 50 to or dipsey 0 setting on the corner and a dipsey 2 or 3 setting right in front of it on the corner then some board lines either little or big boards......

When setting the outside dipsey over an already running 50 jet or dipsey 0....i get the spoon or crank running with the dipsey just above the water inside the running line.........open bail but thumb the spool, just flip the outside dipsey over the running ling let out about 5-10ft.......thumb the spool for a few seconds to get the spoon or crank to move over the already running line............then slowly thumb the spool out or put the clicker on with some tension on the spooling out adjuster.........you don't want the clicker to sound like a tuna ripping it out. The only time this tangles on me is if the inside run fires during the flip or first few feet.....
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters