Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020 Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020 Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020 Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020

This is going to be a short one since it's Sunday and I have tomorrow off, due to a weather reschedule and I want to go do something...

Bill, Laura, and Jamie showed up at Mazurik's a little after 5AM, but didn't need to be there until 5:30, since I was planning on launching at 5:45 when it's light enough to see everything. But, since they were nice enough to be early....we launched at 5:30 and headed NE.

The wind was supposed to be light out of the SW, according to iWindSurf, but it was out of the SE early this morning. We headed out to the line, where I started yesterday and set up. By that time, the wind had turned SW and began to pick up.

The wave conditions were 1-3's and since we were up near the line, that meant we had to run the trough more than having the waves on the corner of the boat, so the boat was rocking. They had pretty good sea legs though, so that was good. No one was falling over....much. lol

I won't bore you with the set up again, because it was the exact same thing we did yesterday, and if you missed yesterday's report...you can find it easily.

The family Jackson wanted to learn how to troll, so they could do it from their own boat, and since they've never done it before, they have a lot to learn.
    I showed them how to set the Off Shore boards out and the dipsies, but the action started pretty quickly and it was more like confused chaos on their end and controlled chaos on my end.
    Trying to learn something when there's so much to do is hard for anyone new to this game, but they did a great job and managed to put 24 plump walleye in the cooler by 8:15.

Bill would like to come back for a few more lessons, so that makes me happy!

I'm off tomorrow....calling for scattered showers and thunderstorms and strong winds, so Ill be cleaning the boat in the morning before it gets hot.

Tuesday, I'm off again...so, Capt's Matt and Jenn Wieland and I will be going on a charter with Capt Gary Zart (and, maybe Capt Nicholas if he's along) of Blue Dolphin Charters over out of Lorain. We all want to see the walleye slayer at work. I'm hoping it's on his big boat, so Jenn and Matt can see how he runs his set up.

I'll have to take the Dramamine, because big boats make me green. lol

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020-bill-laura-jamie-7_26_2020d-jpg Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020-bill-laura-jamie-7_26_2020e-jpg Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020-bill-laura-jamie-7_26_2020f-jpg Fishing with Bill, Laura, and Jamie 7/26/2020-bill-laura-jamie-7_26_2020g-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Always amazed at your writing and fishing skills

How far out is the line from where you launch? I have charted many times over the past 20 years but just recently bought a 24' boat and wanted to bring it up to the lake in 2 weeks to try my luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have heard great things about you and your charters. Thanks

Let me rephrase that. I've gone out on charters over the last 20 years. Gone out with steve with island fever and andy bomba.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC10 View Post
    How far out is the line from where you launch? I have charted many times over the past 20 years but just recently bought a 24' boat and wanted to bring it up to the lake in 2 weeks to try my luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have heard great things about you and your charters. Thanks
    Anywhere from 9 miles to 20 miles...just depends on where on the line we end up. Straight north out of Mazurik's is 9 miles.....out to the weather buoy is 20 miles.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I have a 24' four winns 245. You dont think I will have any issues going out that far do you?

When Erie really kicks up no boat is big enough. Tomorrows forecast for Kelleys Island is for winds up to 17mph. With that much wind, not only will it be uncomfortable but it will be spooky too. Unless you are really experience I would wait for winds 10 mph or less & no forecast for storms. If you fish the line near Gull shoal you can run to Kelleys if a storm arises, but if you go to the wb, there is no where to hide from danger

Default Great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by captainshotgun View Post
    When Erie really kicks up no boat is big enough. Tomorrows forecast for Kelleys Island is for winds up to 17mph. With that much wind, not only will it be uncomfortable but it will be spooky too. Unless you are really experience I would wait for winds 10 mph or less & no forecast for storms. If you fish the line near Gull shoal you can run to Kelleys if a storm arises, but if you go to the wb, there is no where to hide from danger
    Great advice on going out that far Capt Juls. I've taken my 21 ft Lund out to the weather buoy and it can be more than spooky-scared spitless if it starts to blow. Be careful.

That is some good advice there.. I dont even like 10mph. Wind direction is a big factor too. When that wind from the North and East is on, even 10 mph can make for a very rough day.If the forecast calls for foul weather or even scattered Tstorms I stay home. But when the weather is clear and the wind is predictable I hit it
    hard and go farther than I probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Anywhere from 9 miles to 20 miles...just depends on where on the line we end up. Straight north out of Mazurik's is 9 miles.....out to the weather buoy is 20 miles.
    Juls, can you tell me where the weather buoy is along the line. I can't seem to locate it on my map looking out about 20 miles from Mazuriks. we're going to be there tomorrow for a couple days and might try to go there if the weather cooperates. Thanks.
    Bill V