Line counter fishing line. Line counter fishing line. Line counter fishing line. Line counter fishing line.

Default Line counter fishing line.

Ok now that I got a new line counter, what is the recommended fishing line. Just walleye for Lake Erie. Saw something about sunline 16lb mono. Clear or Green? Thoughts experiences welcome. Thx

We run sunline super natural 16lb clear mono now after talking to a captain out of port Clinton but he also said you could go all the way up to 20 pound test. I got the 16 pound test cause it fits the precision trolling app a little better. We ran half our lines fireline crystal and half sunline the first time trying it and it out fished the braid 3-4 to 1 walleye

Quote Originally Posted by metheis View Post
    We run sunline super natural 16lb clear mono now after talking to a captain out of port Clinton but he also said you could go all the way up to 20 pound test. I got the 16 pound test cause it fits the precision trolling app a little better. We ran half our lines fireline crystal and half sunline the first time trying it and it out fished the braid 3-4 to 1 walleye
    Good to know....Now do you tie that right to the crankbait or are you still using a leader with other Type of line?

I run the sunline 16lb green mono and so far I seem to like it its the exact same diameter as the berkley xt in the precision app

12 lb. Trilene big game clear .

I just ordered another large spool maxims ultragreen in 15lb test.Really liked how it worked on all the rods that had spooled it on.Most the guys like the 12lb test because line diameter closest to the diameter line used in the dive charts.But the stronger line works just fine for us.

i like the sunline 16 lb as well it is the same diameter for the app.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH