My buddy purchased his dream boat several months ago.Bought a 2015 Searay 350.Ask me if I would join him fishing.Thought we should try casting.But I had not seen many good casting reports lately.Mark said had a pair of gunwhale rod holders and a trolling mechanism on his tachometer.So borrowed the rodholders from another buddy and told Mark,think we can set up your boat to troll as long as can get speed down to 2.5mph.He thought he could so said good to go tomorrow.Boat leaves dock 9 AM sharp!!!! Why so late? He said crew would be hung over.I said lets shoot for 830 but I will be there at 730 to set up gear and the hope we might leave earlier.Forcast was for it to be HOT but no chance of storms.
So off we went NE of Kellies near a small pack of boats.Was able to hit 2.5mph and set out dipseys 3setting at 90 and 105,the 1 setting @ 60 and 80.Put out Yozari on 2 inline boards at 100 and 125 with 2oz.Was a slow bite.The four of us ended up with 20 fish that weight 42lbs in 6hrs.By the end the wind died down and got unbearably hot.The dipseys with spoon harnesses did not catch nearly as well as had recently,even though kept changing leads.The boards caught like 5 keepers but kept having problems with them.Was having line slipping through the releases and the flag would not go down.Then had problems with the board diving.Had the back release wrapped.Think the line was slipping through my black front releases.
The highlight,or should I say lowlight was when Mark was bringing in a board...because I was tired of doing it....when the board dove under.He was unfamiliar with my line counters.I told him to open the bail and let line out and Bamm...huge rats nest.Next thing the line breaks and make a turn to retrieve the board.We eventually net it and when we hand wrapped line around a cushion,still had a 22" walleye to add to the cooler.WOOT WOOT