Minn Koda Terrova transducer Minn Koda Terrova transducer Minn Koda Terrova transducer Minn Koda Terrova transducer

Default Minn Koda Terrova transducer

How well does the transducer that is build into the terrova work if I would run a Garmin 93sv on it?
    Or should I mount the transducer that comes with the unit to the trolling motor?
    I have the 93sv mounted on the dash and tranducer on the back of the boat and really like it, so I bought anther one to mount on the front of the boat. Looking for suggestions on useing the build in transducer or adding the one from the unit to the trolling motor.

Thanks

It should work good. I have a hummingbird helix on the front plugged into my motorguide xi3 and it’s just as good as the factory. Just note 2 things.

1- your garmin will only do what your terrova transducer is capable of like side imaging and downscan may not work if that transducer won’t do it.

2- make sure you get the correct cable so you can plug your garmin into your terrova transducer lead.
    I would also talk to someone from garmin to make sure your imaging will work with the trolling motor transducer. My transducer doesn’t have imaging so I just bought a basic helix. The extra stuff wouldn’t work and would be a waste of extra money. It is very convenient because you can’t just tie your garmin transducer Cable to your terrova shaft because it’s motor driven and the cable will twist around it. You have rig it off the shaft.

They make different plug adapters to fit different systems. Just google your MinnKota model and there should be an accessories option on the manufactures page to purchase, that will have adapters. I have a Motorguide Xi 5 and I have adapter plugs for Humminbird, Vexilar, and Lowrance. So I am sure MinnKota has all that too.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Thank You for the info.