Suggested line counter reel Suggested line counter reel Suggested line counter reel Suggested line counter reel
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    Anybody use left hand retrieve counter reels? I have some Okumas but I was thinking about picking up a couple more, these aren't the highest quality.
    I have left hand retrieve. They work fine. They are available for most of the line counter reels - Shimano, Daiwai and Okuma all have them.

Tin man,
    I’ve used Shimano Tekota 300LC for years of trouble free trolling.
    Yes, they are high priced at around $200 per reel. Been beat on from Erie to multiple anglers for years, still works like new.
    Never an issue with Line counter. When you buy, make sure line counter has good reviews. There are other good reels as mentioned in response here, priced lower.
    Good fishing...Herk
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

3. Default

I have about 25 Daiwas 17-47. Some are 25 yrs young. I have 2 Tecotas. If I had to start over I would look into the daiwa Lexas if I was only going to walleye fish. I dont believe they have enough line capacity for steelhead.

Thx to you and everyone Else for their input. Yes I’m gonna get A quality One.

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    Thx to you and everyone Else for their input. Yes I’m gonna get A quality One.
    the tekota's are top of the line and the price shows it. but the sealine sg17lc3b is the only reel you'll ever need for Erie. I've been using the sg17lca for many yrs that was used when i bought them off eBay. never had that first problem with them. now the sg17lc3b has a better drag, or so they say...LOL.

Over the years I have used Okuma's and Daiwa's. Then I made the investment and purchased a Shimano Tekota 500 and have never looked back. The quality, craftsmanship and durability are remarkable. It took several years but eventually I was able to outfit all six of my rods with this reel.