Snagged Line Snagged Line Snagged Line Snagged Line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snagged Line

Default Snagged Line

I want to thank whoever left 100 feet of yellow braid with a rubber band on it and a bandit attached floating out by the Castle last week - sure looked good all wrapped around my prop. But, at least the water was 79 degrees when I went for a swim. Be considerate if you loose line like this and pick it up. Wouldn't have been hard to snag it just like we did.

that stinks you found it that way, but I bet they would have retrieved it if they could, at least I would.

I found a similar line with a harness still attached to a king sheephead about 10 years ago. I was drifting, and my lure grabbed the line. I started to handline the other end and found the harness with fish still attached. The sheephead was happy I let him go.

Rickerd

Was trolling along last Sunday and my boat just decided to turn right. I grabbed the remote for my Motorguide xi5 and no response. Had the wife steer with the kicker and pulled the Motorguide only to find it wrapped with, I would guess 14lb line. I started to pull the extra mono and after about a 100 yards up pops a line counter reel and rod. It hadn't been in the water more than a couple hours. Looked new. To bad it doesn't match any of my other gear. I'm sure I will find a needy fisherman that can put it to use.

4. Default

I all with you on the retrieve your line and trash. I'll add Plastic bags to that as well. Never ever leave a plastic bag floating in the water. A plastic bag cost me a complete tear down on an inboard motor once. I was running wide open in some choppy water and didn't see the bag. It rapped perfectly around my lower unit and sucked up into the water intakes. Before I knew it my motor was super heated and smoking hot. I had to have it torn down, heads planed, new gaskets, exhaust baffles, water pump, burnt two valves and cracked the exhaust manifold.....$1800.00 and 30 days later before I was back on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk2700 View Post
    Was trolling along last Sunday and my boat just decided to turn right. I grabbed the remote for my Motorguide xi5 and no response. Had the wife steer with the kicker and pulled the Motorguide only to find it wrapped with, I would guess 14lb line. I started to pull the extra mono and after about a 100 yards up pops a line counter reel and rod. It hadn't been in the water more than a couple hours. Looked new. To bad it doesn't match any of my other gear. I'm sure I will find a needy fisherman that can put it to use.
    Man, I wish I'd got a rod and reel out of the deal instead of lousy bandit with 2 hooks missing - would have almost made it worth going swimming. And, of course, we were on an active pod of fish trying to finish off our limit and lost 30 minutes of fishing time. Plus, I had to pull the prop when we were back in to make sure there wasn't anymore line in the seal. Real PITA.

I had the same thing happen with my Ulterra - going crazy, no response - what the ? - had a big plastic bag wrapped around the prop - no damage - no foul - haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern OH Percid angler View Post
    I all with you on the retrieve your line and trash. I'll add Plastic bags to that as well. Never ever leave a plastic bag floating in the water. A plastic bag cost me a complete tear down on an inboard motor once. I was running wide open in some choppy water and didn't see the bag. It rapped perfectly around my lower unit and sucked up into the water intakes. Before I knew it my motor was super heated and smoking hot. I had to have it torn down, heads planed, new gaskets, exhaust baffles, water pump, burnt two valves and cracked the exhaust manifold.....$1800.00 and 30 days later before I was back on the water.
    now that really sucks.......

a few yrs ago I snagged something on my line. reeled it in and a wireline was on my harness. started hand lining it in and felt something heavy. got it to the boat and the junior thunderstick had a 4 or 5 lb walleye. kept the fish and lute and dropped the line in a trash can.

Soooo.....can I get my bandit back?....

Speaking of which is it just me or does every balloon purchased around the lake ends up in the lake. I have seen a lot of them in Lake Erie this year.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CodyB View Post
    Soooo.....can I get my bandit back?....
    SURE - come and get it sos I can punch you in the eye.......