E can area Sunday casting then trolling E can area Sunday casting then trolling E can area Sunday casting then trolling E can area Sunday casting then trolling

Default E can area Sunday casting then trolling

WE kept a 2 person limit. Started casting north of D can at 6:42 am for 90 mins, 3 smalls and a sheep. Switched to trolling East with wind for an hour in 31 fow. Took home 4 nice ones 19-24 inches. Released 5 others 10-17 inches. We were travelling just north of the fence Easterly at 2.6-2.9mph. Best bait was purple harness on bottom bouncer, just above bottom. Harness on a Lite Bite set at 85 also caught good size but less fish. The reefrunner set at 55 caught a walleye every 10 mins but nothing that we kept. Had to get my friend back to dock by 10am so I quit.

Then took another friend out at 7:50 pm and finished at 10pm. We started trolling same place I left off in morning and same speed. East of E can but the East wind made me troll West. Again the harness on BB caught most keepers BB was always just a few feet above bottom. We took home 8 more between 19-23 inches. Released 6 more between 13-17 inches long. The Reefrunner caught zero this time. The Lite Bite caught almost the same as BB this time, but we moved it up from 85 to 60 back. The sun set with 10 in box and I hit the westerly mark of first fish in the morning, so I tried to turn around to finish the limit upwind. We caught 2 more but it took an hour. The fish were noticably rising in the water from mostly bottom to between 15-26 feet below. We brought our baits up but the Reefrunner never caught a fish at night? RR started at 75 then brought up to 55 back as I saw fish marks rise.

Rickerd

It looks like you did good rickerd. Did you have much trouble with junk fish on them harnesses?

Thanks,

Kent
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Only 2 sheep and a white perch outside of targeted species all day. Maybe the faster speed kept them away.

Rickerd

Rickerd,You mentioned in post you were north of "the fence". Not sure what that location is in reference to.Can you explain?

If I read this right it sounds like you double dipped?

The fence are the outer bouy's marking the firing range. Between D can and F can specifically.

No sir no double dipping. I took home 2 limits of fish and had a total of 3 persons fishing for day. I took my limit and they each split another.
    I might have gone out twice but still a daily limit went home. Though we did throw back over another limit of legal fish up to 17 inches. I can see now how I wrote it might sound like I took home 16, but the cooler had 12 in it at end of day. I iced the first 4 down all day thinking I would get out again.

Rickerd
    Last edited by rickerd; 07-09-2020 at 10:42 AM.