Looking for help with a Yamaha 225 2 Stroke and a bad Sunday July 5th Looking for help with a Yamaha 225 2 Stroke and a bad Sunday July 5th Looking for help with a Yamaha 225 2 Stroke and a bad Sunday July 5th Looking for help with a Yamaha 225 2 Stroke and a bad Sunday July 5th
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Pounder, I hadn't tried a different tank yet because my engine or tank doesn't have a quick connect connection, but I can disconnect the fuel line from the water separator and run it directly into a 5 gallon gas can. I am going to the marina and try that first thing in the morning, I just have to figure out the fuel to oil mix ratio since I'll be bypassing the precision mix oil tank. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by My Way View Post
    Thanks Pounder, I hadn't tried a different tank yet because my engine or tank doesn't have a quick connect connection, but I can disconnect the fuel line from the water separator and run it directly into a 5 gallon gas can. I am going to the marina and try that first thing in the morning, I just have to figure out the fuel to oil mix ratio since I'll be bypassing the precision mix oil tank. Thanks again.
    50 :1 is the Mixture

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    50 :1 is the Mixture
    Also more oil is better than less, make sure you have enough in it.

Before I did this I would take the Line off and blow in it, it should gargle sound and the pressure will come out of the Vent, the vents have also known to plug with Spiders. also crack the gas Cap loos when running and experiencing Problem, this will also vent it if that is problem .

Screen in Fuel Tank, Gas Filter , Check Valve , Vent , Collapsed or Pinched Fuel Line , One of these or a combination is your issue given age of Boat and your Description. All are easily repairable yourself .