Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Day Out of Huron

Hey gang!

Latched on and headed North to Huron today I just love that water over there, fished it last Monday also.. Arrived at at around 2:00 PM. Nice easy going. Shot out N-N/E and just kept going. I marked my first spot I stopped I will have to get the numbers and see how far it really was., from the fuel gauge I would estimate 10-12 miles. Will have to look into that better though. It was pretty lonely out there.

Did run into some nets that I went around and went maybe another mile North.

Marked fish around 42 ft. in 51 fow. So Started with #1 Dipseys set at 3 and 65 back with a chartruse and a pinkish Silver Streak Spoons, have to look up the real color names.. Set the other with a 40 TT set back at 55. with a redish chrome Jr. Streak.

Travel speeds were 2-2.5mph

It didn't take long and I had a couple that would go maybe 16, and a couple smaller. I was marking them fish deep so I sent the chartruse rod back to 103 ft. from review of the Dipsey chart that should get me about 40 ft. Well about 100 yds and Bam good fish on. A nice 22 incher at least. I lost another soon there after, and caught several more just barely long enough. I let them swim. All of a sudden nothing for a spell.

Pulled in the TT 40 and switched to chrome bandit. Set at 35 back with 3.oz clip on weight and then another 80 ft. before offshore planer.

Didn't go far and the Bandit board was yanking real good " Oh Boy" another real nice one. Long story short. -----That chrome Bandit at the same setting put 4 of them in the box. all premium fish real quick. Got one more on the pink spoon set at 55. It was nice too.

Got the stuff put away and in order and headed back. Was on the road at 6:30. A Real good day.

Sorry not many posts from me this Spring. I have been a busy boy doing a lot of things that I had been putting off. But I have caught some fish...

Regards,

Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 07-05-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Awsome job, thanks for the update. Chrome bandits have been great for me. I'm running them 75 ft back on planer boards.

Save here....And that it with no weight correct?

Yes, no weight. I just let out 75 ft. Clip on a plainer board, let out another 30 ft, and troll at 2.2 - 2.5 mph. I'm going out now, I'll report back this afternoon.

Great job Kent,You did not have much wind sunday afternoon.We were running our bandits Friday with 2oz weight only.Ran them 50/50,50/70,50/100 and 50/130.We did not catch that many on our cranks.Kept trying deeper because were catching the fish on our dipsey 3 setting at 90.Might try the 3oz weight next time to even get deeper.They really pull down the back end of our in line boards though.When got home sunday,had my lures I had just ordered.I got the Yo-Zuri crystal minnow in parrot,vEYErus and YoDaddy colors.Cant wait to try them.Been reading on OGF that they have been catching much better in the warmer waters than the bandits.Will find out soon.Be sure to post on them.You can gat those custom Yo-Zuri at ERIEGARDLESSSPORTFISHING.com for $13.50 a lure.

Quote Originally Posted by KnotGuilty View Post
    Awsome job, thanks for the update. Chrome bandits have been great for me. I'm running them 75 ft back on planer boards.
    Yes, I tried without any weight at first too. But it was mid day and my marks were way deep. The weight method worked good for me last Monday at Huron, So I gave the weight method a try again. When you know the fish are there, I keep on throwing stuff at them till something works.
    PimplePounder

115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    FL-20 Vexilar
    Navonics Premium

Howdy Bob,
    Yes the 3 oz. does pull the board back and I'm sure it would be a lot worse on rougher water. But it doesn't pull as hard as a TT40 and a spoon. So, Im pretty sold on it. On these real hot sunny days I think the fish stay down, where as other times the active ones are mid column. I have a couple of those Yo-Zuri's Just have not tried them. Not custom though, but they are so freaky looking I doubt any fish will recognize them from a past incident. I will have to do the measures and see just where that put the Bandit with what I was using.
    PimplePounder

115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    FL-20 Vexilar
    Navonics Premium

What is a TT40

A TT40 is a True Trip 40.The true trip is a diving mechanism like a jet diver that has a mechanical arm that releases and makes the diver come to the surface.There are different sizes.I know they have 30(small),40 and 50 (largest).Most people run them off big boards with spoons and harnesses.

Thanks for the info. Just learning this trolling information.