Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron Good Day Out of Huron
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well this place is a good place to start, there is a wealth of information and experience on this forum. One person that I learned a lot from on this site-- " Wakina" Not sure the situation on him I fear it may not be good? But he and others taught me a lot. There is a lot to learn and always something new coming out that you just have to -( Buy) and try lol. It is all part of the fun and is very rewarding once your program starts bringing in fish. I'm Still learning Too...
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Have you tried the 50/2oz snap weight system yet? Can it be used in deep water situations?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Have you tried the 50/2oz snap weight system yet? Can it be used in deep water situations?
    Yes the snap weight system is good for targeting deeper fish and saving you headaches with tangles. For example, if using a Bandit without a snap weight you’d have to let 125 feet of line to achieve 20ft of depth. Whereas with a 2oz snap weight, only takes 70 feet of line (let out 50 ft—attach weight—let out an additional 20ft) to achieve 20 feet of depth. Moreover, the max depth a bandit can achieve without a snap weight is 22ft (takes a gaudy 195 feet of line to achieve this!). Whereas a 2oz snap weight can take your bandit down to 35 feet depth with 150 feet of line out (50 —attach snap weight—let out another 100 feet). These numbers were derived from the precision trolling app and assume a trolling speed of around 2mph

Another easier way to gauge how much deeper a crank will go is 4ft/oz of weight.So a 2oz weight would make that crank go about 8ft deeper.

I just use cheap bank sinker and a rubber band instead of the snap weight.

Loop the rubber band over itself through the weight, then loop the rubber band over the line and drop the weight back through the rubber band.

When you get a fish just real it up to the weight, hold the line in one and and tug on the weight, then real in the fish. The braided line will cut the rubber band. Easy cheap effective. Got a pound of rubber bands for next to nothing, just keep them out of the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
    Well this place is a good place to start, there is a wealth of information and experience on this forum. One person that I learned a lot from on this site-- " Wakina" Not sure the situation on him I fear it may not be good? But he and others taught me a lot. There is a lot to learn and always something new coming out that you just have to -( Buy) and try lol. It is all part of the fun and is very rewarding once your program starts bringing in fish. I'm Still learning Too...
    I’ve wondered about Wakina too. I reached out to him shortly after he disappeared from the site and all he said was he had some things to take care of. I pray he’s ok. He was one of the very best this site had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I’ve wondered about Wakina too. I reached out to him shortly after he disappeared from the site and all he said was he had some things to take care of. I pray he’s ok. He was one of the very best this site had to offer.
    yes he was/is. Lets hope.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

yes I have tried just about all of them. It just depends on where Im marking them and the temp and time of day. Often Iam fishing mid day. I show up around noon and fish till evening in mid Summer I have better luck below mid column when the sun is high. You just need to study the data that is available in order to get lures in their face. Seems to work for me.