Troll east kellies 7/3 Troll east kellies 7/3 Troll east kellies 7/3 Troll east kellies 7/3

Default Troll east kellies 7/3

I went fishing Friday with my buddy who lives on Johnson island.Was going with him and 4 other novices.Boat not really a fishing boat but Tom was able to install 2 more rod holders on the stern of boat.So had 6 rods we could use.Had a light SW wind and took a long run NE to the line.Had to dodge one set of perch nets.Set the dipsey/ spoons same as last week.Three setting @ 70 and 65 with spoon harness and one setting @ 45 and 50 with a white and purple scorpion spoon.Got 2 fish right away and then slowed way down.Tom was making some turns thinking different directions would catch better.After about 45 min of that told him we made 2 long downwind trolls last week and caught well.Told him to head downwind toward a big boat in distance.We eventually started catching well with the dipsey.I put out one bandit at 50/2oz/another 50 on board.After a couple hours things slowed down.Put out another board/ bandit at 50/75.Started changing some dipsey leads and caught at 90 with three setting.Changed up the dipsey to 90 and 85 at the three and 70 and 65 on the one.Found an active pod of fish and started catching fast.Filled the cooler so had to empty the beer cooler with the rest of beer and filled that cooler too.The board bandits combo did not catch well for us,Maybe 5 fish even though got one out as far as 50/130.Caught only around 6 shorts.There was no sorting today.Fished for 5.5hrs.The crew had a blast reeling and netting fish.No tangles.The one girl did get her shirt caught in a bandit and had to take her shirt off to get it out.Was too bad,had to work that treble out of her top.Told her I had made many attempt in my life to get women's tops off but a fishing lure was a first for me.We caught 28 fish that weight 65lbs.Had them for dinner at Jolly Rogers to boot.

Great story, made my smile this morning. Happy 4th to all!

Super story Bob!