Canadian Fishing Liscence Canadian Fishing Liscence Canadian Fishing Liscence Canadian Fishing Liscence

Default Canadian Fishing Liscence

I had heard that the Canadians have not been allowing Americans into Canada at the border.I was assuming if we drove our boat into Canadian waters and did not go onto land,we would still be allowed to fish.I bought my non resident Ontario liscence a few weeks ago,like I always do and persuaded my buddy John to do the same.We were even planning to fish off Pelee the next two days.Then John sends me a text yesterday.He asked if its two or three rods in Canada? Huh,good question.Im not sure.So I call Keith from Pooh Bear charters and ask him.He says its still two rods there,but doesn't matter.You cant fish there anyway.Really? Yeah,he says.Was right on the line last week and only a couple guys supposedly sneaked over line a mile.But no American boats allowed in their waters.I felt like a dummy telling John to get his liscence.Cost $70 US to buy.I tell him and he said why did they allow us to buy it online if not allowed to fish there.How about we claim ignorance? I said do not know the what they would do if they stopped us.Maybe they will open border before season ends.But with recent increase of infections,does not look good.

I looked into that also and everything aI heard was the same you heard. I was looking at St Clair and Erie. Also been told they are enforcing it.

Thanks Island Troller.Will be bummed to be unable to fish Canadian waters this year.We have not fished there much past two seasons.Those smaller fish were everywhere last two seasons.But other years,when the bigger fish had moved east,we were able to find good fish around pelee.We also like to cast the rocks on east side Pelee in the fall.

If I find it to change will definitely post. Still want to fish Pelee and St Clair for musky this year yet.

Thanks,we fished right on line today and we both had Canadian licences.Could not cross over.Did not matter caught 20 fish.No junk or shorts mostly on dipsey 3 setting @ 70 and 65 and 1 setting @ 45 and 50.We sorted at 20" so our 12 weight 37lbs.East of kellies.Stopped at pooh bears boat after dinner at crows nest.Keith and eriegardless there.They think that Canada will open fishing to nonresident before season ends.I hope.