June 17 to june 21 June 17 to june 21 June 17 to june 21 June 17 to june 21

Default June 17 to june 21

Started south of kelleys wednesday. Pulled three bandits and two harnesses. No fish. Went to the pack of boats between kelleys and the monument. No fish. 4 hrs and nothing at this pt.

Then Tried west of rattlesnake, only a few 100 yds off shore and trolled west. There was a small lighr tower there and i kept going back and forth to the tower. Got a few quickly on bandits and then harnesses got hot. Switched over to all harnesses. Fishing picked up and got limit. Key was switching from trolling motor to big engine, going 1.5 to 2.5 mph. I also would stop and restart engine frequently so baits would rise and fall. This produced fish.

Nothing fancy, no boards, just fished 4 rods off the back. Used two rods with 3 oz weights and two back rods with 2 oz weights farther back. Just used trolling sinkers that i could clip to a swivel above the harness swivel.

The next four days we fished there and N/NW of rattlesnake. Lots and lots of boats farther out but we were closer to island than most. Bigger fish north of island.

Got limits all 5 days, lots of throwbacks and and shorts. Pretty steady all day long the rest of week. Gold blade the key. Blue/white beads were hot sat and sun with gold blade. Gold/black beads with gold blade was hot all week. All colorodos, willows didnt do very well.

Thx to all who post detailed reports. It REALLY helps those of us who are from out of state. I have learned so much from where and how to catch wallleye. The fishing has never been this good for me in all of my 20 years going to erie. Hope this can help somebody.
    Last edited by Kyfish; 06-22-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Good job finding your own fish and figuring them out.Thanks for detailed post.Have halfheartedly been putting out an occasional harness with limited results.Will try those gold Colorado when we head out later in week.