Began setting lines at 7:45 Sat morning about 1.5 miles north of Kellys and did not get a board on yet with a Pink Lemonade Reef Runner 800 and we had a fish. Unfortunately our 20 lb leader broke at the boat and we lost the only Pink L that we had. It was steady, and we kept busy with fish in the 20-21" range. Picked up about 6 sheephead. There were not that many boats out that way but the few that were there were constantly were getting too close to each other. Did not get a limit as it got pretty hot by 10:30. It was pretty steady catching of some kind of fish but nothing fast paced and so we packed it in. Fish dropped deeper as morning went on and I am still learning how to adjust and change my presentations but struggled when the fish dropped deep in that 40 foot water. I guess I should have added some two oz weights.

My two teenagers are perfecting how to set lines and work the reels. It is rather tough in a 17 foot boat to move with three people in the boat but they are figuring it out. We ran 1.8-2.4 mph with Bandits and Reef Runner 800s at 60, 65, 70, and 80.
65 feet back seemed to work best for a while, and blue chrome Bandits and Reef Runners clearly was the choice and worked well. I told my kids next week that we have to get more lines in the water so we going to try three boards a side and hopefully add a pair of dipseys too!

Thank you to everyone for teaching me how to troll for walleye!