Mazuric evening bite Mazuric evening bite Mazuric evening bite Mazuric evening bite

Default Mazuric evening bite

Coming from Toledo and not an early riser by nature I am wondering about fishing early evening. Left Toledo Saturday at 5:30 am and by the time I waited my turn to launch and got on the water it was 8 15. Coming back in it was a circus waiting my turn. My thought is next time come out and launch later in the day and fish into the evening to escape the circus and the heat. Walleyes seemed to turn off yesterday about 1:30 Is there a time in the late afternoon that they turn back on?

Quote Originally Posted by KSL View Post
    Coming from Toledo and not an early riser by nature I am wondering about fishing early evening. Left Toledo Saturday at 5:30 am and by the time I waited my turn to launch and got on the water it was 8 15. Coming back in it was a circus waiting my turn. My thought is next time come out and launch later in the day and fish into the evening to escape the circus and the heat. Walleyes seemed to turn off yesterday about 1:30 Is there a time in the late afternoon that they turn back on?
    Anecdotally, I'd say 5p is around when I notice they start biting again after the afternoon lull. And the bite only speeds up from there...