Zippering Zippering Zippering Zippering
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zippering

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    So if you have a summer home on the islands then what? Can’t bring fish back in the fall winter to other residence?
    Sure you can, the fillets just need to be whole and packaged so they can be counted. The best thing to do is keep a calendar or log of your catches to verify you never exceeded daily limits. I use to go over to the islands all the time and stay at a friends and we kept our ferry receipt to show when we arrived and when we left, or any other receipts. If you can document your times you should be fine. If you can prove you are a part time resident I doubt you'd have any problems. Maybe someone else will know for sure. Of course there's always one officer who wants to be on a power trip. Actually I was never checked at the ferry dock. If your in a car or truck and everything is out of site they have no cause to check. If anyone ask what you got in the coolers, say groceries. Of course if they ask if you have any fish, you should admit you do. I think a call to lake Erie law office and ask how to do it would be best then take down name of person talked to.

I’m gonna have to change the way I do things I guess with the fish I will bring back. Good grief. Thx for the info....

We do the "Y" method too. No need to go all the way to the tail, and it keeps it as one filet