6/17 report 6/17 report 6/17 report 6/17 report

Thread: 6/17 report

Default 6/17 report

Got on the lake around 7 today. Headed for the pack of boats N/NW of Kelly’s. It’s nice that every time I fish Erie it’s with my same good buddy so we have the drill down pretty well. Usually we each go with a bandit off a board and a Tru-trip/stinger spoon off the back. Today I was feeling lazy and didn’t want to actively hold the Tru-trip poll off the back (I usually like doing that to feel the bite) so I started with bandits off 2 boards on my side. Anyway, pretty slow but steady action so we trolled away from the boats straight north of Kelly’s and followed the line heading East. The second we hit 40+ fow north of Kelly’s it was on (at this point I started trying more so swapped one of my boards out for a diver/spoon lol). Caught 3 quick fish and right after that all of our lines (4) picked up fish. Love when that happens. Sadly that was the same moment that a weakness in my buddies braid ended up with him losing a tru-trip 50 and a spoon... We got the other 3 fish in and stopped just short of a 2 man ticket because we were bummed about the braid.

Blue chrome bandit for the win again... I don’t even know why I own other colors at this point... Almost every day blue chrome out fishes the others. Purple was good too (don’t know the name of the color my buddy was using). Once I switched over to my diver/spoon (Stinger Sir Walleye, copper back) that rod was doing well too. Bandits were mostly 75’ back (give or take 5-10’) and had the spoons 4-5’ off the bottom. Variable speeds all day and 2-2.3 seemed to produce well.
    Last edited by Pauken23; 06-17-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Very nice report! Glad you had a good day except for losing the Tru trip and spoon!

Yea it was a blast! Thx! On a side note, if someone in that area sees a tru-trip floating around there might be a fish attached lol. Cheers to the person who finds it
    Last edited by Pauken23; 06-18-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Great article.i always enjoy the report pk23.. I hope someone finds your jet diver50 ...can I keep the fish as a reward !!