Windy Saturday morning trip Windy Saturday morning trip Windy Saturday morning trip Windy Saturday morning trip

Default Windy Saturday morning trip

With the winds out of the north east today I knew it was going to be rough and it was. My crew was ready to go and we had to get in the boat on shore to keep dry feet and then launch the boat with the high water from the wind. We launched at 6 am and headed to just north of kelleys along north bay and trolled south west with the wind towards mouse island. The bite was a little slower than yesterday and the water was starting to get more stained as the day went on but we manages 24 walleye for this crew of four. It was a find your sea legs kind of day for sure but the walleye make it worth the effort. We ran bandits and a couple bottom bouncers with harnesses at 2.0 to 2.5 from 35 back to 75 back and they all caught fish. We sent them home with a nice haul of fillets for some good meals. Nice trip with a set of old friends and some good fish stories.
    Windy Saturday morning trip-61420-010-jpgWindy Saturday morning trip-61420-009-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Do you clean your clients fish at the boat ramp? Just curious as I have looked for a cleaning station when we stay for a long weekend and haven’t found anything unless we launch from turtle creek.

I carry my own board and trash container for the carcasses and do it at the launch. I dispose of carcasses at a marina carcass container.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

What a fun day! Those may have been the roughest wind and wave conditions I have fished in. Yet Captain Sam made it comfortable for us. The boat limits were a nice plus in such tough conditions. It was fun even if standing up was a challenge. This was my first look at a North River Boat. A great design for walleye fishing on lake Erie. It was sweet for trolling and it would be good for casting also. A dry ride in big waves. We had a blast, caught fish, and made some good memories. Thank You Captain! Can't wait to do it again.