Dipsey divers Dipsey divers Dipsey divers Dipsey divers

Thread: Dipsey divers

Default Dipsey divers

Been useing walker divers #82. When setting out divers start with #3 setting on diver as rod #1 then setting #2 then setting #1. Haveing issue with tangles. Would puting rod with #3 setting to be most stern rod & rod with with #1 setting to be rod most forward be a better set up?

#3 setting is rod closest to bow. Next rod moving towards stern is two and so on. On my boat my first rod is at #3 second is 1.5 and my third is dead 0. Keeps everything nice and running true. Hope this helps.
    Justin Pickett
    F/V Motor Mouth
    Parker 2320 SL
    Foxhaven Marina

With dipsey #3 setting runs farther out and forward so the rod goes furthest forward toward bow.The #1 goes back toward stern.If dipsey are different weights,the heaviest goes #1 and lightest on outside #3.

Tangles can occur when retrieving fish. Always let the tripped dipsey get straight behind the boat before reeling in. When letting out, always let the line straight out past the dipsey in the water before hitting the reel stop. if you are
    letting out a 40 foot setting let it get past the 30 foot line already in the water before hitting the reel stop. Tangles can occur when making turns too tight. The inside dipseys fall to the bottom and loose the spacing. turn with a gentle curve so all lines remain under tension. Hope this helps. Been there, done that.

i run the 3 setting in the front and middle diver on 2 but only let out 15' less on the middle diver then the 1 diver in the back 15' less than the middle diver. when letting out outside divers i let it out 5' past the next inside diver then take the rod up and over the inside divers place in rod holder and engage reel. in other words if my middle diver is out 100' then i let out 105' on the front diver before lifting the front rod up and over. then i adjust the front reel to 115'. when i let a outside diver out i start on the other side of the boat and keep my rod high while letting it out. make sure your clicker in on. adjust the clicker where it barely lets line out. letting out line to fast causes tangles. the worst thing for tangles is getting a diver on the wrong side.

when you get a fish on an outside diver take the rod to the back of the boat and hold the rod tip high and wait for the fish to get behind the boat before reeling it in.

Thanks for all the info. Fished today Used a differnt setup. Only ran 2 dipseys #3 & #1/12 setting then 2 #40 jets on each side. Only 1 tangle when had to make hard turn due to charter boat running on auto pilot and not giving me right. What an a--.