Practice what you teach Practice what you teach Practice what you teach Practice what you teach

Default Practice what you teach

Practice what you teach-hooks-jpg

Saw Capt. Juls pic about hook in hand, can't believe I allowed it to happen.
    All I had to do is cut hook and pull through. No Dr. needed.

Now I know your secret bandit color Dan. I did the same thing a couple days ago. I just yanked hard before I could even think about it and luckily it ripped out. I always use pliers to unhook fish but like Juls it happened after unhooking the fish. Must always be aware of those hooks.

I had one last weekend, ended up pulling it out because was also still tangled in the net. It's no fun, but a finger isn't as bad as an eye. Glad to hear to was an easy fix for you.

Yes Al, that is a good color. Was a fish needing to be released we were done with limit and I used the lip grabber to hold the fish and thought
    I could get away with just grabbing the lure and taking the hook off, wrong, one quick flip of the fish and was in my hand in a split second.
    I teach all the time you must use grabber and pliers. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    I had one last weekend, ended up pulling it out because was also still tangled in the net. It's no fun, but a finger isn't as bad as an eye. Glad to hear to was an easy fix for you.
    Yep if you fish long enough it will happen. Had it twice last year. Did the line trick easy out and didn't even get sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    Yep if you fish long enough it will happen. Had it twice last year. Did the line trick easy out and didn't even get sore.
    The line trick is good to know - works like a champ depending on where the hook is stuck - really the same thing they'd do at the hospital but they'd give you a shot to numb it - and a nice bill. I have the tool made up with 30 lb mono and keep it in the boat along with a pair of cutters. I've used it twice - unfortunately both times it was on ME -haha.