New to trolling New to trolling New to trolling New to trolling

Thread: New to trolling

Default New to trolling

Can you run braid with boards and run bandits with no leader? I seen a couple guys do it I was just wondering how affective it’ll be without making the lure dive different.

Difficult to run braid on inline board.Line slips thru or out of releases unless have special releases made just for braid.You can run a bandit straight to any line without a leader too.

Thanks! I appreciate the info

you can run braid to a board by wrapping once around the clip. It won't release but you can get it off easy at boat with fish on.

I don't recommend running stickbait without mono leader. What will happen is the stickbait fouls the braid and you don't see it, it turns a thousand times in the water before you notice, and you have 20 feet of braid wrapped on the stickbait. Use the mono, it behaves much better in same situation and can be untwisted. Plus the mono has a stretch that will help the hookset into the fish.
    Rickerd

Whar Richard said is true with a using a fluorocarbon leader and wrapping around the release.The leader does help the performance of a crank.But some do not use a leader with braid and works fine for some.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried using rubber bands to hold the line in the clips on an inline board? I switched everything over to braid when I made the switch from inline to big boards, but planning on using inlines for the brawl in the small boat and just not sure if that would be easier than switching out line or clips.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried using rubber bands to hold the line in the clips on an inline board? I switched everything over to braid when I made the switch from inline to big boards, but planning on using inlines for the brawl in the small boat and just not sure if that would be easier than switching out line or clips.[/QUOTE]

I just wrap the braid around the front clip on the in-line board and it works fine. No need to change out lines. If you use OR-19 clips (one with a pin) on the back, even if the braid pulls out with a fish on, the board will stay on the line.
    Bordy

Like Bordy and Richard says,you can wrap the braid around the release to hold braid.I have not heard of anyone wrapping a rubberband around a release on an inline board.I do know pooh bear and eye catcher wrap rubberbands around the releases for their big boards.
    I have read numerous threads on what line works best for cranks.The overwhelming consensus is the best line for trolling cranks is mono on inline boards.