Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hollobar View Post
    Hello Everyone. My first post!

My brother and I are thinking about doing a little fishing and charter a boat out of Port Clinton but he's not the most sea worthy guy out there, if you know what I mean. I was wondering what conditions (wind speed/direction) provide calm seas, say less than 2 footers?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide,

I always tell anyone that is going out with me to take Dramamine the night before when they go to bed, and also 1 hr before boarding. Ginger Ale is a good drink to have along. As others have said, South to SouthWest winds are best. "Rule of thumb" (not scientific law) [but close] ... every 5mph of wind is 1' wave..

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    Go to Rite Aid , Wallgreens or any big Pharmacy they sell a Motion Sickness Wrist Band
    , simple to use just put 1 on each wrist with button Pressure Point as in instructions.

Do not understand the full reason why they work but in my 50 Plus years of Fishing on lake Erie they work for those that experience Sea Sickness .Key is to PUT them ON before leaving Dock
    My son could not go fishing for years. Got a couple sets of those bands and they worked. Kept a set in each truck. One day we forgot them and he had no problem. Has needed them since.