Why all the dead Sheepshead? Why all the dead Sheepshead? Why all the dead Sheepshead? Why all the dead Sheepshead?

Default Why all the dead Sheepshead?

We were out trolling yesterday starting late morning in between Kelly's and PIB along with everyone else. Caught several Walleye with Bandits and P-10's. The Bite seemed to slow down by mid afternoon. We noticed multiple dead floating Sheepshead. Way too many to be from people catching and throwing back in (dead). Does anyone know what is going on? Toxic algae bloom or something? Also, I have heard these "nuisance" fish are actually good for Lake Erie as they keep the Goby population down. Thanks for all the fishing reports.

when i put in at Catawba last week there were several at the ramp washed up. not sure why but they were there. I don't kill them and don't try to catch them but when you do they fight.

I heard its a Virus/Bacteria that is affecting only the sheaphead. I have to daily push them off our Portage River cottage shoreline to eminate the smell.

Not true no virus seen a Osu biologist on the news saying it is a normal occurrence when the the water temp changers drastically while spawning it stresses them so bad u get a fish kill.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

I saw a University of Toledo researcher fro the Lake Erie Center in Oregon OH and she said the same thing as the OSU guy. Rapid water temperature changes and the stress of spawning. She said nothing to get alarmed about.