Off monroe trolling Off monroe trolling Off monroe trolling Off monroe trolling

Default Off monroe trolling

Did great today off monroe. Trolling bandits. Did real good with gold and black today 85 feet back. Got 8. Could have had more but buddy had to get back in. Total about 5 hrs. Running two boards. Still trying to get the hang of it. Lost 3 fish today. Question is run a swivel snap with a bandit or just run a snap or none at all

We run just snaps to our crankbaits.Make sure the point on the snap on side you open it is facing upward.If it is facing down will affect the action by hitting the lip of the crankbsit.I did not know that it had to face up years ago till saw it mentioned on a thread.Proof that it affects the crank,will be a semimoon shape scratch on the lip of your crank.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    We run just snaps to our crankbaits.Make sure the point on the snap on side you open it is facing upward.If it is facing down will affect the action by hitting the lip of the crankbsit.I did not know that it had to face up years ago till saw it mentioned on a thread.Proof that it affects the crank,will be a semimoon shape scratch on the lip of your crank.
    Ok I'll check that out. Had 3 get off today. I was thinking it was because the swivel. Also how do you post pictures on here. I would like to start showing my catch off

Not sure if your using braided line or not ? I went with mono and don't seem to lose as many fish because of the stretch with mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    Not sure if your using braided line or not ? I went with mono and don't seem to lose as many fish because of the stretch with mono.
    Yes using braid. Hhmm. That could be it. I would like to run those viper spoons but not sure how to run s diver to get them down. That will be the next thing I do

I use Braid with a Mono leader. When you go to dipsey you have to use braid with a leader to your spoon. Got my limit Monday an tues running south of Kelly’s an south bass heading toward mouse. Best bite was east to west monkey puke spoons.