Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020 Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020 Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020 Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020

Default Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020

It's been two days since I was out, so I was looking forward to getting back on the water this morning. I had two of my previous customers, Mark and Jim, from Wisconsin. It's always nice to get Wisconsin peeps in the boat, because they understand my Wisco slang.

We launched out of Mazurka's at 5:30 and headed back to the area east of the monument, since that's the last place I had a great bite. There were fish there, but they weren't in the mood to eat. We caught one, and dropped one...so, I decided to move to the area east of Kellys where my other bite was a few days ago. I thought maybe more fish would be moving through there....they weren't. Ugh...."Okay...", I said to myself, "You're this far, and the lake is flat, so you might as well go to the Huron Dump".

The west side of the dump was sparse with marks. We didn't stay there long. The ETEC sips gas, so it was easy to make the decision to move again. This time, I headed to the north side of Kelly's and set up just outside of North Bay in 30 feet of water.

Bandit's were run at 70, 63, and 50 back. The one Reef Runner Mag 44 we had out was set at 40 back. The Mag took three hits, and we managed to land one. The other two came unbuttoned before the board was even off. We went another 20 minutes without a hit, so I decided to move west again.

This time, we headed down to the south passage and set up in 20 feet of water. We couldn't get all the Off Shore boards in the water with (4) Mags (Blue/Chrome, Barbie, Bare Naked Purple Perch, and Black/Gold), and (2) Bandits (Attention Deficit and Stormy Night). No big fish, but really good eaters in the 18-23 inch range.

The crew said they had a great time, and are looking to getting back out with me again in the morning. I know where I'm going to start this time...lol

The water temp dropped back down to 62.9 degrees.

Tomorrow is looking like another beautiful day on the lake with SW winds less than 10mph, cloudy conditions, and a high of 82 degrees.

It's going to be a very nice way to spend my Birthday...

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020-mark-cassell-jim-6_4_2020a-jpg Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020-mark-cassell-jim-6_4_2020b-jpg Fishing with Mark Cassell and Jim 6/4/2020-mark-cassell-jim-6_4_2020c-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Happy Birthday Julia! Good luck tomorrow!

You got the fish that's the main thing! I limited out yesterday and today within 2 hours both days casting weapons just off American eagle shoal. I guess better to say, casting with a few worm harnesses dragging near the bottom on their own, which also picked up some fish. Both days though, I went out late and the bite was at its peak around 3-4 pm. Both days I got there at 2, picked up one fish each (me and dad in the boat) and from 3 to 4 things came alive, often with both of us hooked up at once. We limited out around 4 and went back in to east harbor.

Didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Gold, silver, red beads, green beads... even tossed a spoon over the side drifting (copper and chartreuse and black) with one split shot holding it down today as the wind was minimal, and that picked up 2 fish.

We grilled up some of them with a dijon wine sauce yesterday and fried some today but now have 20 walleye in the freezer. They'll taste mighty good in july and august when all that is biting is sheephead and flies. (Not that I don't get some in the summer months but usually not as fast as in may and june, and may was a bust weather wise!)
    Last edited by jonk; 06-04-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Happy birthday Capt Juls