Hot spots out of toledo Hot spots out of toledo Hot spots out of toledo Hot spots out of toledo

Default Hot spots out of toledo

Hey all. Me and a friend just got into trolling. We did real good last weekend off the reefs over by davis besse. We are just using bandits right now with no snap weight. Going off the precision trolling app to calculate our depth and line out. We had our poles more vertical then horizontal so I think we were running shallower then we thought. Should we run our poles horizontal ??. Also according to the app 60 feet back is around 15ft and 117ft back is around 20. Does this sound right ??. Also it is a very long haul to the reefs from toledo for us. Do you guys have any hot spots around toledo closer to us. Any and all help is appreciated. We really are trying to figure it out. We are on about 3 years now and last weekend at the reefs was by far the best we have done

I read on another site that they were doing good at the turn around bouy and southwest of weSt sister that's where I'm going this weekend but don't troll so can't help u there.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider1818 View Post
    Also according to the app 60 feet back is around 15ft and 117ft back is around 20. Does this sound right ??.
    I can't speak to the specific depth numbers in the app but yes, that sounds right. The dive charts for these baits are asymptotic and not linear. So if you let out 100 ft on one and 200 ft on another, the 200 ft is not going to go twice as deep as the 100 ft as an example.

Default New Trolling App

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider1818 View Post
    Hey all. Me and a friend just got into trolling. We did real good last weekend off the reefs over by davis besse. We are just using bandits right now with no snap weight. Going off the precision trolling app to calculate our depth and line out. We had our poles more vertical then horizontal so I think we were running shallower then we thought. Should we run our poles horizontal ??. Also according to the app 60 feet back is around 15ft and 117ft back is around 20. Does this sound right ??. Also it is a very long haul to the reefs from toledo for us. Do you guys have any hot spots around toledo closer to us. Any and all help is appreciated. We really are trying to figure it out. We are on about 3 years now and last weekend at the reefs was by far the best we have done
    Hi Midnightrider,

I too used precision trolling app but struggled with depth calibration anytime I wanted to run rods without planer boards. There is a new app "Troll Master" that costs much less than the old app. It accounts for more variables, in particular "Rod Tip Height". I have run both horizontal rods and vertical rods setting my lines to this new app and caught all the fish I am allowed.

Troll Master does not have as many lures as the old app, but it has Walleye Deep, Spoons and Crawler Harnesses. The only three rigs I need.

Good Luck!
    CaptKen
    "Lucky Luna" Channel 68
    SeaRay Amberjack 290
    Twin Mag 350s/v-drives
    Simrad NSX 12
    Simrad AP44 Autopilot
    FishHawk X2