Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020

Default Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020

My dog Dexter woke me up at 2:30 to go outside, and it was too close to my alarm going off at 3am to go back to sleep, so I got up and took advantage of the extra time to check the weather this time, before heading over to Mazurik's to meet Dan and Rocky for their second day of fishing. It looked like it might rain, so I grabbed the rain suit and headed out the door. I was meeting the guys at the ramp at 5:15 this morning.

We launched at 5:30, turned on the navigations lights, headed east, and got set up with the Bandit program from the day before, before the sun was peaking over the horizon.

The Helix was showing fish all over the water column again, but it was a slow bite. After three fish on the Bandits I decided to try showing those tiny brained finny creatures the old standard...the crawler harness. We changed everything up to 1 and 2oz inline weights, because I didn't have my Tadpoles in the boat, and set them out behind the Off Shore boards.

The 1oz at 41 back took a hit first, but the fish released itself before we got the board off. Then, the 2oz at 47 back started taking fish. Rocky wanted to get down to the deeper fish on the screen, so we put a 3 oz on at 70 back and it wasn't long before that one had a nice fish on. We would end up changing things up to run four 3oz weights between 60-70 back and two 2oz weights at 42 and 47 back. It was a little faster bite than the Bandits were for us, but it still wasn't a fast bite. It was just fast enough to keep us in the area though. At one point, I had asked them if they wanted to move, but Rocky reminded me of the old saying, "You don't leave fish to find fish", and adding "I'm having a good time, let's just stay here". So we did.

We had their limit earlier, but the last fish of my limit was taking forever, and would never come, so we headed in. They said they had a great time, and Dan will be back in a couple weeks to fish with me again, but this time he will be bringing his wife along. I'm looking forward to meeting her.

Tomorrow, I have Luke Molebash and his crew. Looks like the winds will be out of the WNW this time, so it might be time to change my location to the islands again.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020-dan-pierce-rocky-sofolo-5_29_2020d-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020-dan-pierce-rocky-sofolo-5_29_2020f-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020-dan-pierce-rocky-sofolo-5_29_2020g-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020-dan-pierce-rocky-sofolo-5_29_2020i-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Dan and Rocky 5/29/2020-dan-pierce-rocky-sofolo-5_29_2020j-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I love the rod holders..can you give me some info on those? Glad to hear the worm bite is picking up.

Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    My dog Dexter woke me up at 2:30 to go outside, and it was too close to my alarm going off at 3am to go back to sleep, so I got up and took advantage of the extra time to check the weather this time, before heading over to Mazurik's to meet Dan and Rocky for their second day of fishing. It looked like it might rain, so I grabbed the rain suit and headed out the door. I was meeting the guys at the ramp at 5:15 this morning.

We launched at 5:30, turned on the navigations lights, headed east, and got set up with the Bandit program from the day before, before the sun was peaking over the horizon.

The Helix was showing fish all over the water column again, but it was a slow bite. After three fish on the Bandits I decided to try showing those tiny brained finny creatures the old standard...the crawler harness. We changed everything up to 1 and 2oz inline weights, because I didn't have my Tadpoles in the boat, and set them out behind the Off Shore boards.

The 1oz at 41 back took a hit first, but the fish released itself before we got the board off. Then, the 2oz at 47 back started taking fish. Rocky wanted to get down to the deeper fish on the screen, so we put a 3 oz on at 70 back and it wasn't long before that one had a nice fish on. We would end up changing things up to run four 3oz weights between 60-70 back and two 2oz weights at 42 and 47 back. It was a little faster bite than the Bandits were for us, but it still wasn't a fast bite. It was just fast enough to keep us in the area though. At one point, I had asked them if they wanted to move, but Rocky reminded me of the old saying, "You don't leave fish to find fish", and adding "I'm having a good time, let's just stay here". So we did.

We had their limit earlier, but the last fish of my limit was taking forever, and would never come, so we headed in. They said they had a great time, and Dan will be back in a couple weeks to fish with me again, but this time he will be bringing his wife along. I'm looking forward to meeting her.

Tomorrow, I have Luke Molebash and his crew. Looks like the winds will be out of the WNW this time, so it might be time to change my location to the islands again.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Hi Captain J. Enjoy your reports. Just 1 thing though ….. A Banana on board? Out in the open sea? You sure live dangerously!
    Last edited by Mark; 05-30-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hi Captain J. Enjoy your reports. Just 1 thing though ….. A Banana on board? Out in the open sea? You sure live dangerously!
    LOL What can I say?
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters