Trolling Memorial Weekend Trolling Memorial Weekend Trolling Memorial Weekend Trolling Memorial Weekend

Default Trolling Memorial Weekend

We fished Friday and Monday.Friday near E can.We initially started Friday a couple miles east of the can.Went 3 of 4 in first 40min with about 1ft of Visability.A friend near the can said he was doing better.Made the move west and had about 2ft of Visability and caught our 18 in another 2hrs.Used bandits and all colors caught equal.Used 80 and 70 leads and 20/20 and 20/25 with 2oz on inline boards.
    On Monday fished in South passage and got our 18 in 4hrs.Trolled bandits again and had anywhere from 2-5ft Visability.No single color stood out.Best leads 65-95 and 20/25 and 25/30 with 2oz.Speed around 2mph and our fish weight 44lbs.On Friday speed 1.8mph and weight was 39lbs.
    Amazing cranks still catching so well into end of May.Should be changing any day.Almost put out a dipsey/ spoon Monday.

Great report! We’re heading up to the islands tomorrow to pull some bandits and hopefully a dipsey or two with a spoon. I’ll post if we do any good on the spoons

Want to give my thoughts on trying dipsey/spoon for fishing.Would really depend on the Visability of water you are fishing in.The bandits work great in dirty water and that is where the fish have been spending most their time.Think the spoons work better in the cleaner water.Not sure where that Visability divider is but my guess is around 3ft of Visability.
    Read a post on OGF yesterday asking about anybody catching all those 2018 fish in our lake.Been out 4 times so far this season and have seen over 100 fish caught.The biggest 25" on Monday and smallest 17".Now,all trips trolling bandits.Have not caught a short or any junk yet.Seams odd,but what a great fishery we all have here on lake Erie.

I have fished 10 days this year either jigging or casting and have got our limit every day except last Saturday in the fog. Between me and son in law we have caught over 100 walleye and not a short yet.

Nice report. thanks for the snap weight info.