5/25 Memorial day morning trip 5/25 Memorial day morning trip 5/25 Memorial day morning trip 5/25 Memorial day morning trip

Default 5/25 Memorial day morning trip

We launched at catawba at 6AM with our crew that where high school friends and have stayed friend all thru their lives. I got to hear some pretty cool stories, one of the great things about being a charter captain is meeting all these cool people and hearing their stories. We headed out to 25' of water and found the fish we have been fishing all weekend. We stuck to the chrome bandits running the 50 to 65 back at 1.8 to 2.0 and we reeled in a 6 man limit by 10 am. Me and my mate took home a limit of fish for a fish fry tonight. It is truly amazing how many fish are in the lake. but the schools of fish are in small areas and when you find biting fish you have to stay on them. I found the school of fish in different locations each day i fished, but once i found them all i had to do is keep figure 8'n the school. We had 4 on at a time twice today. These fish are hungry and feeding. It was very calm today so i triggered several bites by doing s turns with the boat, speed em up slow em down, triggers bites. water temps are rising fish will be moving stay focused on the travel corridors to the east, the fish will be using them very soon. i will be out again for 4 trips next weekend weather permitting. tight lines to you all.5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-026-jpg5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-029-jpg5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-031-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Way to find those fish close to shore and fight off those boats speeding by to catch fish in that spot trip after trip!

Default Migration East

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Porkchop View Post
    We launched at catawba at 6AM with our crew that where high school friends and have stayed friend all thru their lives. I got to hear some pretty cool stories, one of the great things about being a charter captain is meeting all these cool people and hearing their stories. We headed out to 25' of water and found the fish we have been fishing all weekend. We stuck to the chrome bandits running the 50 to 65 back at 1.8 to 2.0 and we reeled in a 6 man limit by 10 am. Me and my mate took home a limit of fish for a fish fry tonight. It is truly amazing how many fish are in the lake. but the schools of fish are in small areas and when you find biting fish you have to stay on them. I found the school of fish in different locations each day i fished, but once i found them all i had to do is keep figure 8'n the school. We had 4 on at a time twice today. These fish are hungry and feeding. It was very calm today so i triggered several bites by doing s turns with the boat, speed em up slow em down, triggers bites. water temps are rising fish will be moving stay focused on the travel corridors to the east, the fish will be using them very soon. i will be out again for 4 trips next weekend weather permitting. tight lines to you all.5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-026-jpg5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-029-jpg5/25 Memorial day morning trip-labor-day-031-jpg
    Captain Porkchop,

Glad to see you are making so many paying anglers happy, and thank you for keeping us private boaters informed in a general way.

I hope you will continue to post as the fish move east this year. I know I've done well this time of year (before the Mayflys) and again in September as the fish start to move back west. I pick them up 5-6 miles east of Kelleys or around the dumping ground.

But I've generally lost track of the walleyes in July & August. Maybe they are just out of range from my dock near Lakeside.

Anyway, hope you keep catching and keep posting.

Best,

CaptKen
    CaptKen
    "Lucky Luna" Channel 68
    SeaRay Amberjack 290
    Twin Mag 350s/v-drives
    Simrad NSX 12
    Simrad AP44 Autopilot
    FishHawk X2