Fishing may 21-26 Fishing may 21-26 Fishing may 21-26 Fishing may 21-26

Default Fishing may 21-26

Hey all,
    Fishing out of Port Clinton starting tomorrow. I know it’s been rainy and cooler. Not looking for anyone’s hot spots but can anyone give a general area. Have they switched to crawlers or is everyone running bandits... just looking for some freezer meat and would appreciate any tips or advice. If not, I understand.

Between the islands will be hot all weekend. Doesn’t matter the how to get them. They should be easily caught anyway you want

Are you talking between put in bay And middle bass or between green and middle? Or all that area?

I think anywhere in both areas. Keep us abreast how you are doing. I’ll be fishing same area coming out of PIB and will do the same if we can get out.

Will do! And good luck!

I’m coming up next Thursday. It’s been awhile.. last time I trolled with crawler harnesses in the flats Around the islands and did well.. See many people drifting.Is it better drifting? Trolling?.any suggestions would be great. Thanks ahead of time..I will report after my trip

Seen some guy trolling harnesses he was doing good. We did ok with perfect 10’s elite 8...blue/green...

Default Jigging and weapons

Quote Originally Posted by wisco View Post
    Hey all,
    Fishing out of Port Clinton starting tomorrow. I know it’s been rainy and cooler. Not looking for anyone’s hot spots but can anyone give a general area. Have they switched to crawlers or is everyone running bandits... just looking for some freezer meat and would appreciate any tips or advice. If not, I understand.
    We limited in 4 hours 4 people and Captain. got 1 30.5 incher over 11 pound Most fish were around 20 inches
    Gold weapons with stinger #5 Colorado blade and Gold Erie Deery with stinger hooks. Casting and drifting. 1 ounce of weight. Full crawler
    close to the line at middle Island Canada. marked very few fish but they were right on the bottom.
    Stop the retrieve and when you started again they would hit.
    Also as you dropped it back about a foot they would hit. Very important to touch the bottom as just dragging they did not hit as well. Hope this helps. Good Luck and stay safe