Difference of gas at land pump and gas at marina pump? Difference of gas at land pump and gas at marina pump? Difference of gas at land pump and gas at marina pump? Difference of gas at land pump and gas at marina pump?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been using regular 87 octane gas from a regular fuel station (always use Shell) for many years, ever since I've owned a boat which has a 200 OX66 Yamaha and my Dad did the same for decades with his Grady White and other boats. I use Startron Enzyme fuel treatment. You can buy it at Wallyworld in an 8oz bottle for $10 but it treats up to 128 gallons (1 oz per 16 gallons). I prefer this over Sta-bil as it prevents phase separation and keeps the fuel fresh for up to 2 years supposedly. Watch out if you buy it at an auto parts store as they sell two different concentrations...one treats at a 1:16 ratio and the weaker one treats at a 1:6 ratio - you think your saving money but you're not. My boat has a 140g fuel tank so filling it at a marina is something I never even considered. I use this in all my yard equipment and Harley too before storage to prevent fuel problems...it works.

I never heard of that but thank you for the tip! It sounds like you have years of good outcomes using the product. They sell it at Walmart too. You cant beat that at all.

No problem. And if you're in doubt it's always better to put too much in than not enough (like maybe at the end of the season and you have a partial tank). Supposedly over dosing this stuff will cause no harm so long as you don't get too carried away. If you want an even better deal buy the 16:1 concentration formula on Amazon in a larger bottle...that's usually what I do.
    Last edited by mattwag; 05-20-2020 at 08:48 PM.