Garmin Fish Finder Garmin Fish Finder Garmin Fish Finder Garmin Fish Finder

Default Garmin Fish Finder

I have this Garmin echomap fish finder. It has the most sorry ass instruction manual I have ever seen, unless there is a bigger manual with it somewhere that I cant find. Anyway, could anyone tell me (if the know by chance) should I be able to type in say for example "Niagara Reef" without having to put the coordinates in? Its a 2017 unit. I'm guessing it has to but I'm just not seeing it. I'm thinking with all these newer type units one should just type in where they want to go by typing in the name. IDK though, still a rookie at all this.

I bought a new Lowrance Hook 7xTS and used videos on You Tube to learn how to use it. The manual was useless for me.

It likely depends on what version of maps you have loaded. If you have the Lakevu pre-loaded, the reefs should show up. You should be able to pan to it, mark as a way point, then navigate to it. I don't think you can just type in a name. If you have the base level map, it might not show the reef complexes.

Yes been doing the youtube thing as well. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by rkfet View Post
    It likely depends on what version of maps you have loaded. If you have the Lakevu pre-loaded, the reefs should show up. You should be able to pan to it, mark as a way point, then navigate to it. I don't think you can just type in a name. If you have the base level map, it might not show the reef complexes.
    The reefs show up when driving around. Just have to tinker with it I reckon. thx

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    The reefs show up when driving around. Just have to tinker with it I reckon. thx
    just take your curser where you want to go and hit go to if you have a go to button and i'm almost sure you do. i have a very old lowrance lcx 38c hd and it has the go to button.

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    just take your curser where you want to go and hit go to if you have a go to button and i'm almost sure you do. i have a very old lowrance lcx 38c hd and it has the go to button.
    You nailed it Sherman thx.