Was up in Port Clinton / Catawba today (Friday May 08). Overcast with stiff NE wind when I arrived but it was switching around to the North. Cold, Cold, Cold, like late November or early March, 42 degree air temp. Very light snow showers around when I left at 5:30, when the clouds were breaking and the sun was coming out. Wind died down a little during the direction switch but it came back up when it got straight out of the North. Forecast for Saturday is West winds 15-20mph. The wind direction change from NE to W in less than 24 hours will surely mess up the fishing. It was very strange to be in the May light level, the blue sky that showed was so Late Spring. It looked like warm Spring. But the air and wind feel was Late Autumn or early Spring. It was just plain strange. My eyes saw a warm May day but my body felt November or March. All I can say is it was a very weird feeling, nothing I've ever felt up there. This very unusual cold snap will end and the warm Spring May will be here later next week.

Bring on the warm weather fishing!