Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is true. The Northern finger with docks at Channel Grove Marina is about 16” higher than the first finger. It was never under water last year and has plenty of parking right at your boat. I highly doubt that it will see water over the top this year either.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

West Harbor is the 'midway' point for the islands, places I'll be going to deploy underwater cameras and fish. I have a sailboat, so it takes a lot longer to get anywhere. The Portage River and Channel Grove (docked there back in the 90's on the north docks) are father west and east. One available West Harbor stationary dock is 17" above the 'normal' water level, the other is 23" above. At the 17" dock (not likely to flood or only during real strong winds) the water level is about 8" below the ground level, the 23" (not going to flood) is only 5" below it. The floating dock on the Portage River is also only 5" below, and it had water in low spots in the parking area (ruled it out). I'm thinking it's better to have a lower dock but higher ground than a higher dock and lower ground. That way if you get a 5-6-7 inch water rise (for whatever reason) the ground will still be dry. That 3" or so higher ground level may be the difference between walking in water and not a good number of times.

Catawba landing had floating docks available

Midway Marina in West Harbor raised up some of the fingers last year to deal with the high water. I believe they are fixed docks however.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

You guys are on it. I am considering both Catawaba Landing and Midway. Both are at the 5" below the ground 'normal' water level at the available dock. I'm heading up today to check the marinas / docks water levels during the high NE / N winds. I'll let you know what I find out.