Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Fishing Reports?

Has anyone been out? I know weather hasn't been good but somebody on here ought to have at least a second hand report?

I'm stuck at home with a boat 2-3 weeks behind launching (winter stored up at the Lake). "It is what it is" so I'm not upset (much). Somebody with a trailered boat been fishing?

We been going out of turtle creek and it been great and crane creek

Trolling still remain very good, the last couple days was harder of course. Jig fishing iff the reefs is on fire. Limits for both techniques for 3 and 4 man limits in under 2.5 hrs
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 04-19-2020 at 06:30 AM. Reason: typo
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I came up Saturday with my 8 and 10 year old to jig fish. I have a depth finder only, not a fish finder, and I use a hand held gps to find reefs/cans etc. Got nothing at crib reef and two at turtle before the wind got too bad to be out with kids. I’d love some tips on getting into all these limits, but I can’t do it with $600 fish finders. I’m pretty limited to drifting a runabout. There was a bass boat next to us at turtle that got their 3 man limit, but they were there sun up to 3:30 that said.

No need for expensive electronics to jig fish I don't pay much attention to mine fish seem so close to bottom it hard to pick them up on a graph. It's more bout feel and technique I fish with blade bait and imagine I'm bouncing a ball on lake floor as I drift along with drift sick. Trolling electronics are vary important for finding and how deep run your baits .

Some days it's all about the bounce and speed of drift when jigging......to big or to little just doesnt work.

But feeling good contact with bottom is important.....so if drifting to fast it makes it hard or the need to weight up
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I understand being in contact with the bottom and how the speed can impact things, but are the walleye on the reefs, off just off the reefs, etc? I’m from Columbus so I come up a few times a year and never feel confident making the right choice for location. I always feel like guys on here are exceptionally successful and share a lot of great info, but not enough for an occasional visitor to get the “two hour limit”. It definitely doesn’t seem as easy as “14 FOW in front of wild wings”. I’m greatful for the info, but feel like I’m missing a lot of something. I mean, I got limits 20 years ago with my grandpa and all we did was float out to the Catawba market bouy... and biologists are saying it’s better today than then, so I’m missing something more than luck.

That didn’t sound so whiney in my head. More like pleading for help ����
    Last edited by liketohuntlovetofish; 04-19-2020 at 02:57 PM.

I usually never cast blade or jig just drop it straight down till it touches bottom then immediately jig back up bout 12 inches then back down without any slack in line and keeping lure as vertical as possible using drift sock usually the fish will just be there when you lift it off bottom. I fish from Maumee Bay all the way to turtle Creek the males are on the reefs now

liketohuntlovetofish

Fished Maumee bay today - afternoon. 2 man limit in about 2 hours. Fun fished for another hour and threw 18 walleye back. 14 foot of water on the east side of the channel. The key to jig fishing to me is water clarity. Too muddy, obviously hard for them to see it. To clear and the daylight shuts them down in shallow water. Ideal clarity to me for jig fishing is to be able to see your jig disappear about 10"-12" below the surface.

The next thing to determine is what they want. Speed and angle of presentation matters. Colder water means moving slower - use a drift sock. Sometime a cast off the boat of 25' will work and then jigging straight down will work. Color of jig also matters as far as what catches the most. Today it started of as purple and ended up as black being the best color.

Success to fishing is figuring out what will work under the current conditions - not what worked yesterday. (If you were to go back to the same spot I was at today, the conditions will have all changed but the thing to take into consideration is that the fish are in the area - you just need to find them) Start out with what your comfortable with and have confidence in. If it doesn't work, make a change. "Tune" in your presentation and you will become successful.

Good Luck

Thanks for that. Pretty much the same as all fishing. I think I lack any good experiences to start feeling confident. I’ll keep trying as long as my kids will keep coming up with me. Keep reading and learning... buying different presentations