Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters

Read on OGF this morning that Ottawa officials denying out of state boaters from launching at Catawba and Mazuricks.Said they must self quarantine for 14 days if coming from out of state.

I looked on OFG and didn't see anything about them stopping us from fishing. If they were doing that I think it would be plastered all over the internet. A friend called the DNR the other day and they told him just not to be messing around. Put in and fish, load up and head home.

There were posts on another fishing site that said they were being turned around if out of state.

Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters-4984a7b0-1820-4612-af62-8c066508403d-jpg

It appears so.

That is complete bs. I called the Ohio department of health last week and was told I can absolutely travel from out of state and go fishing, as long as when not fishing, I stayed in our rental- ie self quarantine. Fishing is an essential activity. That is straight from the state department of health. So Ottawa county obviously thinks they can make up their own rules.

I believe individual counties and cities can in fact add to the limits they feel best addresses the safety and situations facing them directly. Just like how not all states have exactly the same ideas of limits
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 04-19-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

From what I have been reading on these sites,Ottawa sheriff dept wanted the state to close the public ramps in the county.The state controls all the public ramps so they kept them open.The state then decided to stop selling out of state fishing and hunting licences.I believe Ottawa county officials were worried about an influx of people coming from Michigan,since their governor has prohibited the use of all motorized watercraft.Looks like officials are enforcing the nonessential travel and quarantine restrictions the state has mandated for out of staters.

Default Here is a question...

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    From what I have been reading on these sites,Ottawa sheriff dept wanted the state to close the public ramps in the county.The state controls all the public ramps so they kept them open.The state then decided to stop selling out of state fishing and hunting licences.I believe Ottawa county officials were worried about an influx of people coming from Michigan,since their governor has prohibited the use of all motorized watercraft.Looks like officials are enforcing the nonessential travel and quarantine restrictions the state has mandated for out of staters.
    I’ve recently been tested for Covid-19, fortunately test came back negative. I can get a letter from Dr. to verify. Have quarantined in NE Indiana for over 1 months now. Fished out of Mazuriks earlier this year with no problem from ODNR.

I have out of state (Indiana)valid Ohio fishing license. How do they prove you have quarantined 14 days in Ohio? Can an Ohio fisherman with virus launch from Mazuriks with no problem?
    I understand the seriousness of virus, but to be fair to all anglers, close State ramps all together instead of making exceptions that are about as unfair as you can get.
    Politics and fishing never mix. I was born in Springfield Ohio, where DeWine is from. I know him well from years of his politics. I posted recently about my experience at launching from Mazuriks, went very smooth.
    So question, when will all this end???
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Quote Originally Posted by Herkimer View Post
    I’ve recently been tested for Covid-19, fortunately test came back negative. I can get a letter from Dr. to verify. Have quarantined in NE Indiana for over 1 months now. Fished out of Mazuriks earlier this year with no problem from ODNR.

I have out of state (Indiana)valid Ohio fishing license. How do they prove you have quarantined 14 days in Ohio? Can an Ohio fisherman with virus launch from Mazuriks with no problem?
    I understand the seriousness of virus, but to be fair to all anglers, close State ramps all together instead of making exceptions that are about as unfair as you can get.
    Politics and fishing never mix. I was born in Springfield Ohio, where DeWine is from. I know him well from years of his politics. I posted recently about my experience at launching from Mazuriks, went very smooth.
    So question, when will all this end???
    Herkimer I feel your pain. I also have a non resident Ohio license and would love to be fishing but to answer your question it will end when it ends. I understand you are ordered to stay at home by your governor so why would be upset about Ohio rules, you shouldn't be traveling to Ohio. I understand the complaints about I don't need gas or bait or food but it says stay home and Ohio does not want us at the present time. I am 2 miles from the PA Ohio line buy groceries, gas and fish Ohio waters all summer but for now I am following the rules fishing is not a life or death situation. Have a good day and stay safe.
    Last edited by Walleye Wizard; 04-20-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Agreed

Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters-sal-jpg