Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Gentz View Post
    First of all on this stamp is a new law as of 2019. We bought our licenses in June of 2019 and our license is good until June of 2020. We had no ideal about the fishing stamp because we did not need to get a new license. We looked through the fishing regulation book on how may fish we can catch the size limit and if there is any thing on slot limits. The DNR person who gave us the ticket showed us where the stamp info is in the Reg. This info was kind of in the middle of the book and very hard to find. (Like fine print in a contract.) even many of the bait shops have no ideal about this stamp and it also seem some of the DNR personal do not know about this stamp, now finding out they are checking license of out of staters and not looking for the stamp.
    The real point here is they are not selling license to out of staters and selling them to residence of the state of Ohio. This is wrong and is unconstitutional by federal law and is a infringement of my civil rights. Hiding behind that you have to self quarantine for two weeks is just ********. Come on American wake up see what is going on here! The media has you so scared you are afraid of your own shadow. I was out of the country for 2 months just before this BS hit the fans in the U.S. I had to self quarantine for 2 weeks If I did not do this my roommate could not go to work because she worked in health care in Wisconsin. So now I have already self quarantine and now Ohio is saying I have to re self quarantine in their state. So does this mean every state I go through I have to self quarantine for 2 weeks? Why do we not treat this like the flu it really is if you are sick and running a fever stay home and get better. Where are the guild lines on how and where you have to self quarantine, are these federal guild lines is there a booklet or is this just a bunch of nut jobs making stuff up the way they feel they want it. I am an American and know the American way, and do no like the BS they are shoving down my throat.
    You are trying to combine federal law with states rights. Trump has been very clear that it is up to individual states on how they handle this. However, you being one of those who say this is only a flu makes me glad you don’t live in our state.

This virus stinks! I just want to fish and troll at least 6 feet apart (lol). 2 days left until my license expires. Hope the curve keeps dropping and they can open up the non res license soon!

no problem I am tired of the BS going on and American needs to go back to work. I wholeheartedly believe that it is more fatal in the long run to the American people then the beer virus. Now all of a sudden we have all these heroes because they are just doing their job that they chose. This is their career they went into on their own no one drafted them into this career. They are just doing their job and getting paid for it. Come on American get a back bone lets all be heroes and go back to work!!!I can not believe how the media and politicians can control the majority of the American people. I had a VA appointment and had to do this by phone, I told the doctor what I thought was going on with the beer virus, he told me, "that no doubt this is real"! "Ask the people at the meat plant in Green Bay where 3 people died. I said that is really bad 3 people died, I then asked the Doc., did any one of them or all of them have one foot in the grave all ready. the Doc got real quiet and then tried to turn the conversation to something else and avoided my question to him. Now if you die you are going to die from the coronavirus no matter what. If you get hit by a truck and die it must have been a Corona beer truck linked to the coronavirus. The media would play this out to no end!!! I refuse to wear a face mask cover my face as they do in other 3rd world countries. Lets open up the lake Eire for out of staters so we can go fishing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Gentz View Post
    no problem I am tired of the BS going on and American needs to go back to work. I wholeheartedly believe that it is more fatal in the long run to the American people then the beer virus. Now all of a sudden we have all these heroes because they are just doing their job that they chose. This is their career they went into on their own no one drafted them into this career. They are just doing their job and getting paid for it. Come on American get a back bone lets all be heroes and go back to work!!!I can not believe how the media and politicians can control the majority of the American people. I had a VA appointment and had to do this by phone, I told the doctor what I thought was going on with the beer virus, he told me, "that no doubt this is real"! "Ask the people at the meat plant in Green Bay where 3 people died. I said that is really bad 3 people died, I then asked the Doc., did any one of them or all of them have one foot in the grave all ready. the Doc got real quiet and then tried to turn the conversation to something else and avoided my question to him. Now if you die you are going to die from the coronavirus no matter what. If you get hit by a truck and die it must have been a Corona beer truck linked to the coronavirus. The media would play this out to no end!!! I refuse to wear a face mask cover my face as they do in other 3rd world countries. Lets open up the lake Eire for out of staters so we can go fishing!!!!!
    Your post is a great example of why we need to keep out of staters at home. Geesh.

Seems like most of the locals on here love want to keep all non residents away from Lake Erie and keep it to there self all non residents that fish Lake Erie need to keep that in mind when it does open back up and keep as much of our money out of Ohio and purchase and much bait, tackle, gas, and groceries that we can before entering into the state. It might not sound like much but if we all do it it would add up to more than you think. I’m sure the local bait shops could tell the difference. As well as the guides. If they felt differently they could be posting support for non residents. It seems most Ohio fishermen are scared that the virus can only be caught from a nonresident person that is fishing on Lake Erie. Because I’m sure the ones complaining are not buying gas, going to grocery store, going to work ( if not working the federal dollars are supplementing them paid in taxes by all working people from all states) and I have no problem walking by anyone at a 6’ distance (as required) and feel like it would jump out and get me.

If anyone is that concerned
    Amazon is selling bubble capsules

Everyone has their opinion on what Is correct and lawful. I can only speak from my experience and we have never encountered an issue when traveling from out of state,(Indiana) from any law enforcement agency.

My personal opinion is that the 14 day self quarantine is a suggestion not law and would be extremely difficult to enforce or verify. We do not stop anywhere in Ohio except the boat ramps and Practice safe distancing while there.

The DNR will enforce the fish and game laws and I do not believe they are harassing anyone who is lawfully fishing. We bought our $11. “Stamp” and follow the applicable game laws. Never had issue one in 40 odd years of fishing Erie and have been checked many times when docking.

There was an unlucky fisherman who backed in his boat and Ford Excursion completely submerging the truck on the west ramp at Fenwick when we came in. The DNR officer joked with us that we had a better day than that guy🙏
    Last edited by Just One More; 05-06-2020 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

starting may 8 out of state people can buy license.so that is the end of that.i am from out of state been coming there for 20 yrs spending thousands of dollars every year catching my limit enjoying family friends and my vacation.i love ohio and lake erie.i respect other fishermen and women.and i do expect the same in return.the walleye in lake erie belong to every state and country that touch it not just the state of ohio.my 3 man limit a day isnt going to affect anyones fishing.i hope everyone stays safe ,has a great fishing season,and most of all stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Your post is a great example of why we need to keep out of staters at home. Geesh.
    Right On
    If his post has anyway of being a sportsman I don't want to be one

Quote Originally Posted by millerstym View Post
    Right On
    If his post has anyway of being a sportsman I don't want to be one
    i dont care what state your in nobody wants that.wow

Quote Originally Posted by Just One More View Post
    My personal opinion is that the 14 day self quarantine is a suggestion not law and would be extremely difficult to enforce or verify. We do not stop anywhere in Ohio except the boat ramps and Practice safe distancing while there. 🙏
    You are completely correct. And it's getting very old reading the misinformation regarding the 14 day rule. People keep saying, on this board and other places, that the order is to quarantine for 2 weeks once you get to Ohio which is completely bogus. That is an option, but if you quarantine at home before traveling to Ohio you have satisfied the "requirement" which is actually a request/suggestion.

I can't for the life of me figure out what purpose it serves to spread that misinformation. Are you saying that you would prefer people traveling to the area and stopping to get 2 weeks of supplies BEFORE they have spent any time in quarantine as opposed to after? Or maybe it's to discourage people from coming altogether? I'm sure the bait shops, restaurants and other small businesses in the area really appreciate their neighbors actively trying to drive business away when they are doing everything they can to stay afloat.

There are very basic, common sense things that can be done to protect ourselves. The hysteria has been overblown for a long time now. It is perfectly fine to say that while also understanding the seriousness of the situation. Just because someone from Indiana wants to go fishing in Ohio doesn't mean they are trying to kill everyone in Ottawa County with covid.
    Last edited by Hoytman86; 05-08-2020 at 11:59 AM.