Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

If we argue about it long enough it will be over.

I’m from out of state and I’m have a valid fishing license till mid May and would like to be using them now but I will have to wait. The local bait shops and restaurants really like the out of state money when we’re there but with all this down time in fishing it would be a good time for all non residents to purchase there lures and any tackle from a good online store that has no connection with OHIO for I’m sure they wouldn’t want our money later then if they don’t want us now also a good cooler can hold enough drinks and sandwich supplies for a long weekend of fishing

Again, you are spreading misinformation. The order from the ohio governor does not say you "must" quarantine when coming from out of state, it says you "should" quarantine. Ohio has a Republican governor and therefore is closer to the constitutionalist side. He is being as guarded as possible with telling us what we can and can't do as citizens. That is why in none of his "orders" does it prohibit church gatherings, protests, freedom of speech, etc.

Michigan waters are opened to motorized boaters again...

michigan governor opens michigan waters to motorized boaters - Google Search

Default Out of state status

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Read on OGF this morning that Ottawa officials denying out of state boaters from launching at Catawba and Mazuricks.Said they must self quarantine for 14 days if coming from out of state.
    Bob,
    Greetings my friend, any recent word for us out of staters fishing Erie from Gov. DeWine. I saw his news conference about opening some specific business this AM.
    Thanks
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Did not hear if Ohio will start selling out of state liscenc yet.Have not heard if Ottawa is allowing out of staters to launch at public ramps.Word is that charters might hear something may 12th about taking people out.

Default Eire being closed for out of staters is wrong and is very prejudice

What Ohio is doing makes no scene at all letting residents fish in one of the great lakes which is federal water in the first place and and turning away out of staters is a valuations of everyone's rights of the U.S. constitution. You can not leave fishing open to residents only this is just complete ******** and so is this corona-virus which is simply nothing but the flu! Again you have the Media throwing everything out of proportion wake up America get a grip on reality.

Spent some time with 3 charter captains yesterday.They are all anxious to start taking people charter fishing soon and to start getting some income to pay their bills.Saw a lot of charter boats just sitting at the docks on a beautiful day to fish.The charters also need their customers to be able to buy nonresident fishing licences.They have a lot of out of state customers.Hopefully soon.

I’m not sure where all of the information is coming from about denying out of state fishermen access to ramps but I can tell you first hand what happened today.
    We put in at Fenwick turtle creek marina. Limited out in 32 FOW trolling blue chrome and chime variations of bandits from 20 -120 back speed 1.7-1.9. A very cordial Ohio DNR person inspected our catch after we loaded up our boat from a great day on the lake., She checked our licenses and told us great job on our limit and sent us on our way. Never questioned us about anything not related to our licenses or fish count and size.
    Not one question about quarantine or social distancing.
    Fear mongering helps no one. Please stick to the facts not someone’s opinion or hearsay.
    I have been to Ohio 9 time this year and never encountered any issues of any sort.

If you have valid license go fishing, if the public ramps are closed go to a private ramp and go enjoy yourself

Wow, “just one more”; your interaction with an ODNR officer is surprising. My understanding you have to be in Ohio 14 days, with valid Ohio out of state license. I’m assuming you are from out of state. Others on blog say the ODNR are turning out of state boats at Mazuriks away. Mixed messages. Why does one ODNR officer allow, other ODNR officers deny launch of out of state fisherman? Am I interpreting this correctly? Very frustrating...
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD