Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post

If you are worried, then you can stay home. Calling people jackasses because they are not sheep is just ignorant. That's not to say that there aren't people who won't be safe but Ohioans aren't any more or less likely to be idiots than anyone from any other state.
    If you are worried, then you can stay home.
    Agreed 100%

Calling people jackasses because they are not sheep is just ignorant.
    Agreed 100% but that is not the case. Fake News

That's not to say that there aren't people who won't be safe but Ohioans aren't any more or less likely to be idiots than anyone from any other state.
    Those whom are not being being safe or, "any more less likely to be idiots", are the ones who need to be carried across the mine fields because they don't understand the danger
    Nobody is not a reference to anybody being a jackass because they want to fishing. Come on

You are missing the point. And if you think that turning away fisherman from less impacted areas in other states while not doing the same for hotspots within Ohio is a good idea "because the governor said so" then you are a sheep. It's a half-measure that does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus. It also does nothing to address ohio residents that feel they are entitled to do whatever they want to because they aren't traveling from another state.

The hysteria around this thing has gotten out of control and people continuing to misrepresent the order is the main reason for that. Everyone keeps saying "you have to quarantine for 14 days once you get here" which is completely wrong. It's people saying things like "they're turning people away at the Catawba ramp" when in reality that happens often because the parking lot is full and it has nothing to do with the virus.

The problem that I have is that the people who are applauding these measures are the same ones that are out fishing regularly. There are guys on Facebook talk about how stupid people are for traveling to Erie "for a fish", then the next day posting that they caught a 4 man limit with 3 of their buddies.

I believe the Governor is doing what he can to slow the spread in Ohio. It’s not only the time in their boats it when they stop at the stores or gas stations. This is how it is spread state to state. As for you calling people sheep for following the order...I guess we have no need for any laws if that’s the case. I mean, everyone should just do what they want because we all have our freedoms? Why have legal limits for alcohol? We are all adult enough to know when to say when. Why are us sheep even listening to any of these rules of law. Your sheep argument doesn’t hold water.

Actually, it does hold water. If an order or law doesn’t make sense, yet people willingly go along with whichever Governor’s order and condemn those that protest. For example, I am an Ohio native that resides in TSUN. Our governor has declared that we cannot buy paint in a 50,000 square foot store. We CAN order the same paint on line and pick it up at the same store. Or we can purchase from a store under 50,000 square feet. Please, someone explain the logic. Our governor can’t, her response is basically, “because I said so”. Therefore, there are protests. To do so is a right guaranteed by the first amendment, which does not include a clause modifying it because of a pandemic. As far as fishing/boating is concerned, the launch ramps can be easily modified so that people maintain their distance. In over 50 years of boating, I really don’t recall being very close to other people launching their boats, although I admit I never had reason to pay attention to such things.

I am with Hoytman here. With the way some talk on these threads and others, I am not sure how they ever have gone fishing. Do they stay home and not fish during a normal flu season? Do they use SPF 40,000 when the sun is out? Only go out when there is zero wind? Not to mention the risk of driving to going fishing.

Sheep are one thing, but blind sheep end up living in a country where their rights and liberties have been stripped.

Hey guys, the jackass posting had nothing to do with fishing, or being, or not being, a sheep. So put your tall boots away and put your thinking caps on.
    The only thing that jackass represents is that there are a few donkeys that can't figure out how to act or what to do. That's why people come up with sometimes senseless rules that we all must follow. Caveman days, or wild west days, they had other ways of dealing with the mentally less fortunate.
    So if you really do get it, you shouldn't be taking it out of context, or offended. Trust me, I'm all for freedom and fishing.

So with all this chatter on this thread I have a question. Has anyone been ticketed at an Ohio boat ramp for being a resident of a different state? If that is happening I haven't heard about it.

From what I have read, on this site and others, they were denied access to launch if they had out of state plates. However, I was not there.

You guys are beating this stay at home order to death. 1st all surrounding states have a stay at home order. Ohio's includes if you come into Ohio you must quarantine for 14 days plain and simple. I know most of us could travel safely but then there are the ones who won't or don't care. If you want to protest that is your right but only if it is done safely if not you are possibly endangering others lives and that is not a right.

Blog Entries

Oregon, and Wash State, totally locked down for all fishing...both fresh and salt.