Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default You are right....

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Wizard View Post
    Herkimer I feel your pain. I also have a non resident Ohio license and would love to be fishing but to answer your question it will end when it ends. I understand you are ordered to stay at home by your governor so why would be upset about Ohio rules, you shouldn't be traveling to Ohio. I understand the complaints about I don't need gas or bait or food but it says stay home and Ohio does not want us at the present time. I am 2 miles from the PA Ohio line buy groceries, gas and fish Ohio waters all summer but for now I am following the rules fishing is not a life or death situation. Have a good day and stay safe.
    Bob,
    Your email was right. First year of retirement, was looking forward to really hitting Erie during the week avoiding weekend traffic. For us walleye fisherman, it’s tough.
    Thanks for the reality check. Good fishing my friend...
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Correction, Walleye Wizard
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Herkimer,I can't answer your question if you would be exempt to come from out of state to fish off Ottawa county.The people that would know,would be the sheriff dept.Give the Ottawa sheriff dept a call and explain your situation and see if you would qualify to launch your boat out of Ottawa.If you do call,let us know what they say regarding their rules.Off topic here,I've seen that picture of the soldier carrying the donkey several times lately.Was thinking,if the platoon was really walking through a mine field,wouldn't all the men be walking in a line so they would be less likely to step on a mine?

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Herkimer,I can't answer your question if you would be exempt to come from out of state to fish off Ottawa county.The people that would know,would be the sheriff dept.Give the Ottawa sheriff dept a call and explain your situation and see if you would qualify to launch your boat out of Ottawa.If you do call,let us know what they say regarding their rules.Off topic here,I've seen that picture of the soldier carrying the donkey several times lately.Was thinking,if the platoon was really walking through a mine field,wouldn't all the men be walking in a line so they would be less likely to step on a mine?
    itsbob No matter what he is under a stay at home order by the governor of Indiana

The reason those soldiers fought in WW2, and the ones before, and the ones after, is for people to have the freedom to question the decisions elected officials make. So, thanks to all those who have preserved that right , and then keep questioning!
    Last edited by Krayfish; 04-20-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayfish View Post
    The reason those soldiers fought in WW2, and the ones before, and the ones after, is for people to have the freedom to question the decisions elected officials make. So, thanks to all those who have preserved that right , and then keep questioning!
    What are you getting at Krayfish I am one of those who served but I don't know what you are trying to say. What does questioning have to do with not following the order. Do you get the moral of the donkey story.

Yep I totally get it especially the part about calling people jackasses for wanting to go fishing when they are of no risk to anyone else and then question why they can’t. Just because there is an order does not mean you have to agree with it, nor is it necessarily Correct. I don’t, but I will still comply, and have been. I just don’t like it when people are judged, negatively, for legit criticism of policies.
    Last edited by Krayfish; 04-22-2020 at 02:08 AM.

I'll be the "jackass" and say again that the order does NOT say to quarantine for 14 days ONCE YOU GET TO OHIO. If you have been working from home in an adjacent state for a month and not going to stores, work, church etc, you have met the requirement. Ask yourself this. Why on earth would the state want you to come in before you quarantine?

Shutting down to out of state is asinine. I get the concern, but I'd be more concerned about someone from Marion (2,132) or Cuyahoga (1,653) county Ohio than anywhere in Indiana, save for Marion County (Indianapolis). The same goes for Kentucky (3,192 positive statewide), West Virginia (939 positive statewide) or Wisconsin (4,620 cases statewide, nearly half of them coming from Milwaukee County).

Of course the locals can keep up the hypocrisy and ***** about someone from Adams County Indiana, with all of 7 confirmed cases, taking their kids fishing. Somehow THAT person poses a greater threat because they're from another state than the local's buddy that lives in Cleveland and hasn't been quarantined.

If you are worried, then you can stay home. Calling people jackasses because they are not sheep is just ignorant. That's not to say that there aren't people who won't be safe but Ohioans aren't any more or less likely to be idiots than anyone from any other state.

OK you said it " Quote "
    The numbers of just the area you referenced are way to high to be risking kids or anyone as far as that goes. Not 1 walleye is worth that.

I agree Hoytman86. If you’re worried then stay home. The fear mongering has made people lose their minds. Let people get outside and enjoy the weather before they all go insane