more news more news more news more news
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more news

Default more news

the jig bite has been great we only fish 2 guys 3 if family no friends me and buddy on his boat stay safe follow rules maybe we can fish all year and not end up like Michigan we cant sell out of state license iv stayed home with my family as much as possible i can make jigs, harnesses at home and stinger hooks most suppliers shut down hook supplier out of Missouri shut down completely. netcraft shutdown you can only order online selling lots of shiners walleye guys like big ones 4 inches they go as quick as i get them in if you want jigs i do ship to your home usps priority box. this year the hot jig has been white any thing white i ran out of white hair just got more all they had enough for 10 dozen white head with just flash on them buddys limited yesterday on them they fished east. maumee bay got better guys got quick limits there using purple 7 cast 6 fish pretty good they fish a lot. lets follow all the rules so we can keep fishing stay safe and healthy

Rscotfish,

Appreciate the report. First off, imho, and it is just that, mho, The logic in not selling out of state license is flawed- well intentioned, and I already have mine so no skin off my nose, but has major flaws. Indulge me if you would. First, my county has very few cases, I have been sheltered at home for 4 weeks and no contact beyond my wife. I am out of state. I have a 21’ boat and two people. We stay in a residence, alone, and only fish, go back, eat at the house, sleep, wake up, rinse wash repeat, then leave. Our only contact would be fuel and bait- and just a maybe on the bait. The risk I bring is little to none, more like zero, if I follow the rules in place for social distancing.
    Yet, someone instate, say Cleveland, Cincinnati, even Toledo, Which have much higher infection rates, can come in and fish because they are in state? So that is safer? The bottom line is where you are from is not relevant, as unless you limit travelers/fisherman to only those in, say, Ottawa county, the risk is in non compliance, not location. Otherwise, it is a failed sense of security. Now, What about a person from New York City coming? Well, if they self quarantine while there, keep social distancing and abide by the rules, and you also abide by them, you would/ should still be safe. The problem is a lack of enforcement of those not doing this and too much leeway in the rules. There should be stricter guidelines and crystal clear ones. Example, two people per boat, period. I don’t care if you are quintuplets. Then no excuses or fake “ alibis”. Launching, one group on the dock at a time, period. Bait shops, like carry out at a restaurant, call, order, drop off bucket at door, then pick up. Easy. Why is there no common sense, setting of clear guidelines and then actual enforcement? It would not take long with a few tickets to get the message. Anyway, more voicing of frustration at the current status and being couped up for four weeks. Btw, I called the Ohio department of Health As I had a trip for the 18th just to make sure I was not violating any rules. I was told there was no issue with my coming, my plan and my protocol. Also, no restriction on travel from out of state.
    Last edited by Krayfish; 04-13-2020 at 12:31 PM.

The problem isn't guys like you. The problem is the people that just ignore the rules so the rest suffer. Its always the way it goes, the few mess it up for the many. As far as implementing rules for the gas station, the bait shop, etc., who polices that? There isn't anyone to make sure rules are followed so its easier to just bar out of state folks for now. From a Governors point of view I suppose it reduces the potential of visitors bring it in. You mentioned you have a license already, I wonder what happens if you get checked by DNR or someone else at the doc just checking limits, licenses, boats, etc.? Does it make a difference if your on an OH boat?Sure a lot of gray areas.

So.... I'm from PA. My boat is registered in PA. My boat is in a marina in the water on Catawba. My fishing license is good til May 15th. If I would get pulled over by DNR am I in trouble? Are they banning out of state fisherman given the above info?

Thanks,

I think you can go fishing if you use common sense. Nobody has declared marshal law.

Anyone planning to attempt jogging this weekend?

i have bad hip no jogging for me lol

3 man limit off turtle point 1 hour then fished and threw back 10 more 12-16 ft of water this was yesterday any color but white heads with pale blue flash no hair has been hot 1 oz and 3/4 weight

Anybody know condition on lake like to be able launch turtle Creek area. Not sure how high water is and mud?

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    The problem isn't guys like you. The problem is the people that just ignore the rules so the rest suffer. Its always the way it goes, the few mess it up for the many. As far as implementing rules for the gas station, the bait shop, etc., who polices that? There isn't anyone to make sure rules are followed so its easier to just bar out of state folks for now. From a Governors point of view I suppose it reduces the potential of visitors bring it in. You mentioned you have a license already, I wonder what happens if you get checked by DNR or someone else at the doc just checking limits, licenses, boats, etc.? Does it make a difference if your on an OH boat?Sure a lot of gray areas.
    +1 good point