No fishing allowed in Michigan from motorized boats No fishing allowed in Michigan from motorized boats No fishing allowed in Michigan from motorized boats No fishing allowed in Michigan from motorized boats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No fishing allowed in Michigan from motorized boats

As of Friday April 11th, with the governor's latest executive order, fishing or boating from a motorized boat is prohibited. Bummer, we (Michigan residents) can't go to Ohio to fish there and now we can't fish in Michigan either.

Am I able to use my motor-powered boat for recreational purposes, including fishing?

No. Under the governor’s revised “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order 2020-42, physical outdoor activity, such as kayaking, canoeing and sailing, remains permissible. However, the use of a motorboat, jet ski or similar watercraft is not permitted for the duration of the Executive Order, which is currently set to expire at 11:59 p.m. April 30. Prohibition on the use of motorized watercraft is reflected in the governor’s Frequently Asked Questions document that explains and interprets Executive Order 2020-42.
    The DNR has received many reports about heavy use of boat launches across the state and the subsequent congregation of people at these launches in violation of social distancing requirements, and in a manner that threatens public health. In addition, people who use motorized watercraft typically need to procure secondary services for their craft, such as parts and gasoline, that could unnecessarily increase contact with others and spread disease. The hope is that the prohibition on the use of motorized watercraft will reduce the movement of, and contact among, people with the intent of slowing the spread of the coronavirus.
    Please recreate locally and responsibly. Long distance travel is prohibited unless it is for a purpose considered critical under the governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order.
    (Updated April 10, 2020)

Coronavirus - Am I able to use my motor-powered boat for recreational purposes, including fishing?

The order says you can use a sail boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfever View Post
    As of Friday April 11th, with the governor's latest executive order, fishing or boating from a motorized boat is prohibited. Bummer, we (Michigan residents) can't go to Ohio to fish there and now we can't fish in Michigan either.

Am I able to use my motor-powered boat for recreational purposes, including fishing?

No. Under the governor’s revised “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order 2020-42, physical outdoor activity, such as kayaking, canoeing and sailing, remains permissible. However, the use of a motorboat, jet ski or similar watercraft is not permitted for the duration of the Executive Order, which is currently set to expire at 11:59 p.m. April 30. Prohibition on the use of motorized watercraft is reflected in the governor’s Frequently Asked Questions document that explains and interprets Executive Order 2020-42.
    The DNR has received many reports about heavy use of boat launches across the state and the subsequent congregation of people at these launches in violation of social distancing requirements, and in a manner that threatens public health. In addition, people who use motorized watercraft typically need to procure secondary services for their craft, such as parts and gasoline, that could unnecessarily increase contact with others and spread disease. The hope is that the prohibition on the use of motorized watercraft will reduce the movement of, and contact among, people with the intent of slowing the spread of the coronavirus.
    Please recreate locally and responsibly. Long distance travel is prohibited unless it is for a purpose considered critical under the governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order.
    (Updated April 10, 2020)

Coronavirus - Am I able to use my motor-powered boat for recreational purposes, including fishing?
    Ohio will be next. With post about how crowed the ramps are and people saying got 24 fish in one pass. Demwitts won't let Michigan outdo Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    Ohio will be next. With post about how crowed the ramps are and people saying got 24 fish in one pass. Demwitts won't let Michigan outdo Ohio
    Ohio is run by Republiturds and they won't sell a fishing license to anyone who is not an Ohio resident.
    So having a Trailer, and two boats feet from Lake Erie in Ohio does not allow me to use any of it.
    Pick your party, doesn't matter, we're screwed.

Next, will be the house to house collection of evil fishing poles.... :-/

Motorized boats....Perhaps you guys need to remove that obnoxious outboard motor, attach oars to your $50K boat and get some exercise.

Whoever picks the short straw has trolling duty with the oars.

That would be some rowing. Arms like Conan. Hmm? New movie in the works maybe. Conan the Eyebarian, Wicked Walleye

Default One term governor

I just saw a recall petition on Twitter. It has 175,00 signatures on it already. Doesn't look good for her. She should have talked to the Ohio governor first. Not even permitting one person on a boat is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfever View Post

(Updated April 10, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by megabites2U View Post
    I just saw a recall petition on Twitter. It has 175,00 signatures on it already. Doesn't look good for her. She should have talked to the Ohio governor first. Not even permitting one person on a boat is silly.
    If Michigan was in better shape, I would agree with you. But its not.

Michigan covid 19 numbers - Google Search

25,000 cases and picking up about 1000 cases per day right now. 1600 dead and only 5 have recovered. Those are bad numbers.

I grew up in Michigan and Michigan has always had a rebellious streak a mile wide. I have a lot of relatives around Detroit.
    Livonia has hundreds of cases and they were very late to close things down. Crazy late.

Michigan has always been a "state of denial". Like the roads aren't that bad...and Crime isn't too bad in Detroit, and now, this Covid 19 is not a big deal :-/

I've lived in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. Michigan is the wild child.

Ohio has 1/3 of the cases of this virus than Michigan. You know that the best fishing is near the Islands in Erie.
    That's why Ohio stopped issuing out of state licenses.

That said, THIS SUCKS. I've got a boat in Michigan sitting on blocks and the entire marina is locked down.

There is a planned protest tomorrow,Wednesday,in Lansing at noon against the governor.If really pissed off and want to display your anger against your overbearing governor,hitch your boat to the truck and show up at capital building tomorrow.Make some signs to criticise the witch.Maybe get Dorthy to throw some water on her and confiscate her broom.Must stay in cars/trucks though.

I live 2 hours “door to dock” in NE Indiana. Less than 5 miles from Ohio border. I purchased my annual Ohio license in early March.
    IÂ’m a Buckeye, born raised until I moved for employment transfer.
    My friend and I have been self quarantined for over 4 weeks prior to fishing out of Mazuriks several times this season. ODNR is parked and monitoring State ramp when we visited. We launch Lund boat full of gas, truck tank full also. We make no stops, take sandwiches, drinks on boat. We troll, no bait needed. I have seen first hand many fisherman abide by rules of social distancing. From my experience, things seem to go very smooth at launch. I did witness an ODNR officer confront (very professionally) a small boat with 6 people, boat was pulled out of launch.
    Common sense is imperative here. As stated, there is always the outlaw that ruins it for the rest of us. But overall, again, I have found MOST people at Mazuriks to be law abiding and polite.
    I do understand with all of lifeÂ’s woes, fishing is definitely a stress reliever. I have mixed feelings about Michigan, but strict monitoring of Michigan state ramps as the ODNR has implemented is sufficient.
    Again, my experience, my opinion. Good fishing my fellow friends.
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

[QUOTE=Dipweed;67821]Ohio is run by Republiturds and they won't sell a fishing license to anyone who is not an Ohio resident.
    So having a Trailer, and two boats feet from Lake Erie in Ohio does not allow me to use any of it.
    Pick your party, doesn't matter, we're screwed.

Next, will be the house to house collection of evil fishing poles.... :-/

Motorized boats....Perhaps you guys need to remove that obnoxious outboard motor, attach oars to your $50K boat and get some exercise.

Whoever picks the short straw has trolling duty with the oars.[/

So the Republican governor will let Ohioans fish and your DEMwit governor won’t let Michiganers fish.... Yet it’s the Republicans fault..... ok