A chart I can see on-line of western basin cans and bouys A chart I can see on-line of western basin cans and bouys A chart I can see on-line of western basin cans and bouys A chart I can see on-line of western basin cans and bouys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A chart I can see on-line of western basin cans and bouys

fellow Fishermen and women of course....I been trying to study the cans that lay in the western basin on some kind of map on-line. Problem is they are too damn small...anyway I was trying to figure out how far off these cans would be if launching out of South Bass island State Park. I know they vary and it also looks like there may be two different cans with the same letter, one of the lettered cans being on the Canadian border...Oh Im buying a map but I jonsing for that info now.

Chart 14830
    You can size or move this around as you wish. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    fellow Fishermen and women of course....I been trying to study the cans that lay in the western basin on some kind of map on-line. Problem is they are too damn small...anyway I was trying to figure out how far off these cans would be if launching out of South Bass island State Park. I know they vary and it also looks like there may be two different cans with the same letter, one of the lettered cans being on the Canadian border...Oh Im buying a map but I jonsing for that info now.
    I can't give you the exact distance but on a good day we made that run many times from the state Park.

You might want to check Miller Ferry's web site. According to that they're not taking vehicles with boats to the Islands.

Use the navionics web app. It should show the cans and has a measure tool. If viewing from the phone be sure to use the desktop option on your browser to get full functionality.

Looks like it’s 5-7 miles depending on what can you want to visit.

Navionics ChartViewer

Boat stays on PIB.

thx everyone

nice slack worked out well.

I bought one of those Chart 14830 at Christmas time. How often do they update those charts?
    Thanks