State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State Shut Down

Default State Shut Down

Does anyone have an official word on fishing Lake Erie in Ohio waters. And how about the charters?

Ramps are open. Some charters are still running and some of us shut down during the lockdown to do our part to help stop the spread of this virus. With different people getting on boats and touching everything...not knowing if anyone is infected is a lot of work to keep sanitized. A person may not be symptomatic, but is still be contagious. There is also no way to keep the safe social distance from each other on a boat.

That's not a risk I'm willing to take right now, but that's my choice.

I'm not one to tell others what they should do or not do, so I won't.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

This morning:

http://ohiodnr.gov/odnr-operations-d...virus-outbreak

I looked on all the Ohio Charter Boat Associations websites yesterday and --- nothing. Some of them haven't been updated in over a year.

I would call ODW but I'm not going to put in a non-real important call. I would expect some kind of announcement sometime soon directed toward the Lake Erie boat fishing folks.

The Maumee and Sandusky River walleye spawn runs are on with lots of people fishing (more than usual - people are off work) and some are standing close to each other. Maumee Tackle has advised to spread out. At some point all the fishing in Ohio is going to have to be formally addressed as there are way too many people confused as to what they can and can't do.

Thanks Capt. We are considering making the 3hr trip from NW PA to Fenwick marina soon. Thank again and thanks for all the great reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Wizard View Post
    Does anyone have an official word on fishing Lake Erie in Ohio waters. And how about the charters?
    Check out what we can do. In Ohio stay at home under the web site.

Ohio’s stay-at-home order: What are you allowed to do?

I think Lake Erie is a Outdoor activity area. I am going fishing n have this site down loaded on my phone in case I get stopped. Don't think they are stopping people giving $500 tickets as posted before

Outdoor activity

Walking, hiking, running, biking, going to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas; however, public playgrounds will be closed

Well we decided to just stay put and fish another day it doesn't seem very responsible to travel at the present time.

That is a shame Juls,what this pandemic has caused in such s short time.Hard to imagine something would affect the charter business except lack of fish.Think is a responsible decision.Don't know how you can safely handle rods with everybody touching the gear.Good luck.Hope this pandemic runs its course quickly.

Default Water Dogs feet wet soon~!

Well, these are the times that test us all~!
    I have permission, from my wife, to fish, however, I must have limited contact with others.
    So , no guests on the Water Dog , until we get the all clear and at least a vaccine.
    Stay safe and follow the guidelines published by the medical community.
    ~Water Dog

Good to hear from Water Dog! You are right, stay safe.

The more of us that fellow the guidelines, the sooner this will be behind us. I keep telling myself the fish will be there all summer. Need to do that cause still recovering from spinal surgery and on a 10 lb lifting limit. (Didn't even ask but know I couldn't bounce in a boat yet...nor pull a big walleye off the bottom...).

The virus is setting my recovery back too. Should be starting physical therapy now, but doc and I agreed a room with a bunch of sweaty and likely older bodies was not the place to be now. So I am going on 38 straight days of confined to house, except for doctors visits, and wait on therapy and wait on fishing.

The Ohio charter association has shut down their charter fishing till April 6th.That date most certainly be extended,as the infection rates will still be increasing by that date.Fishing in a boat by yourself or family would be considered safe from the spread of this virus.When you add more people to that boat is when the risk of spreading it increases.There is a difference of opinion out there on how dangerous this virus is and what constitutes safe social distancing.Be safe.