State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: State Shut Down

Read the order. It says "you are asked self quarantine for 14 days" if you're entering the state. It does NOTt say that you have to self quarantine for 14 days once you enter the state. Half of the country has already been quarantined for 4 weeks with school and business closings, working from home, etc. I also find it convenient that FB groups and some message board posters that live local take issue with people coming into the area when they're out fishing every day that weather permits. If you're worried about getting it, stay home. Just don't lecture me about staying home while you're posting pictures of fish you caught with jigs tipped with minnows, a Bud Light and a pack of cigarettes (all of which you had to go to a store to buy) in the pictures. My group that was up this past week have all been at home with nothing but picking up online orders for groceries for over 3 weeks. I'm comfortable that we're not transmitting anything to anyone.

I get the concern. My group followed the orders, a lot of people don't. I've got parents with conditions that make them more susceptible, grandparents that would have no hope of surviving and other family members that I care about. I'm still going to go fishing, weather-permitting, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it because I'm coming from a private residence to my private residence on the lake, fishing on my private boat and interacting with zero people that I'm not already locked in a house with.

Well said Hoytman86. If the residents are following social distances guidelines what are they worried about. Also how many that have the symptoms are going to feel like going out fishing. I know you can transmit it before you know you have it ..... resident or nonresident.........

Thanks as well to Hoytman. I had typed a long reply, deleted, then read this and thought I read my own post, right along with the 5 weeks at home, family at risk, etc. it is nice that while cognizant of the issues out there, there is also a bit of sanity and common sense being applied. I particularly like the idea of “if you are worried, than YOU don’t go fishing”. Trust me I will stay away from you all and, like every fishing trip anywhere I ever go, I would love it if you all stay away from me. I have also been working for home for five weeks, no contact, 5 miles on my truck. There were thousands fishing in The last two weeks and I think there are now 8 cases in Ottawa county.I am pretty sure I have nothing and will continue to be safe and practice safe distancing, but don’t tell me I can’t go fishing when you get carry out food, go to grocery stores, pump gas, buY bait, etc. So, just let me have one thing to keep my sanity, and let me go fishing.
    Last edited by Krayfish; 04-11-2020 at 09:37 AM.