State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State Shut Down

I have a boat slipped at Fenwick and live in Cincinnati. I can’t fish because I don’t have a place to stay. I have a totally self contained motorhome but can’t park it on Fenwick’s property because they can’t allow “camping”. Does anyone know where I could park for 2 or 3 days. I would be pulling a car to get back and forth to the ramp and it is just my wife and I. We would not need to have contact with anyone, just a safe place to park. Maybe a church parking lot, closed business? I won’t just pull onto someone’s property without permission.

Default Out of state fishmen

Remember if you are coming from out of Ohio you must self quarantine yourself for 14 days

Actually the order says “SHOULD quarantine for 14 days” not must.
    How are they supposed to enforce that anyway?

I understood it that way too but all they have to do is write the ticket and you have to prove them there wrong. Hard to do
    also I read that they were hoping that the fishermen would help the motels and restaurants out but I don’t figure many who live close the lake are going to help much there....

Default Visiting ohio,,

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    I understood it that way too but all they have to do is write the ticket and you have to prove them there wrong. Hard to do
    also I read that they were hoping that the fishermen would help the motels and restaurants out but I don’t figure many who live close the lake are going to help much there....
    I had talked to Ottawa health department about coming from out of state I have a place in Oak Harbor and she said I could but would have to self quarantine my self for two weeks

Does that mean that you can go fishing as long as your keeping social distance and not on contact with anyone

I agree with Juls, I am not willing to risk getting it. These people coming from out of state sure are not going to quarantine for 14 days. Fish are not worth a life. I hope we all can make it through this and fish another day. Stay safe everyone!!!!!!

What’s the difference in a person coming from a state with 350 cases in the state versus a person coming from a country in Ohio with 350 plus cases. Who is more likely to transmitt..........

There are only 6 states in continental United states with less than 350 cases.Only nearby state that has those numbers are west Virginia with 324.Ohio has less cases than the rest of adjacent states.Michigan and Penn have more than 4 times the number of cases than Ohio.I would not expect our officials to selectively allow the few out of town fishermen from a low impact state.Then keep out the majority of people from a highly infected state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    What’s the difference in a person coming from a state with 350 cases in the state versus a person coming from a country in Ohio with 350 plus cases. Who is more likely to transmitt..........
    Don't care if its 350 or 50 still to many. Think I will just stay at home as much as I hate to and hope it come to a end soon.
    When I read got 24 in one pass don't seem like Social Distancing to me