State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State Shut Down

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Clarification:

Outdoors: Virus guidelines anchor charter fleet, bait shops remain open | Toledo Blade

I would suggest any posts on Covid-19 information be backed with links to or mention of the source. We want to make sure this forum keeps the information correct and allows everyone to check it themselves.

Default West Basin ~~Your Monitoring will help~!

Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post
    Clarification:

Outdoors: Virus guidelines anchor charter fleet, bait shops remain open | Toledo Blade

I would suggest any posts on Covid-19 information be backed with links to or mention of the source. We want to make sure this forum keeps the information correct and allows everyone to check it themselves.
    ************************************************** ***************************************

Stay up to date with the medical community , and comply with those guidelines, the best way to keep your self safe and your loved ones.
    Water Dog~!

Good move Capt Juls. Yes certainly close quarters even on a large boat.. With cool weather there will be lots of runny noses , eyes watering, and what have you.. Let alone people touching all the equipment etc. I appreciate what your choice has been and will not forget it! Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 03-30-2020 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

FYI:

On the current Miller Boat Line web site update.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 Updates
    "Miller Boat Line will NOT be hauling non-essential travel to Put-in-Bay and Middle Bass Island. This includes, but is not limited to, recreational fishermen with boats and trailers."

Response to COVID 19 – Miller Boat Line : Miller Ferry

I have a friend in the Ohio coastguard. Columbus is watching the launches very closely so please be respectful and keep your distance from others while launching. Also, they’re taking note of out of state plates and which states they’re from. I’m not telling anyone what to do, but just be smart. If we’re all smart not only should we stay healthy, but we might just be able to continue to use the public launches. To clarify: I haven’t heard anything about a fishing ban. I’ve only heard that they’re monitoring launches closely (in fact my coastguard buddy was at Catawba the other weekend).

Heard the same thing about gov officials watching the ramps.Think they are most concerned with the number of people on the boats.Most people are mostly spread out when launching at ramps.Problem is being able to social distancing on a boat.With 3 or more people on a boat not able to safely distance.If all occupants on a boat are from same family and live together,I would tell any official watching you launch that you are all family.That situation would be acceptable to the state and not added to the list of non compliant boaters.

During yesterday's April 2, 2020 News Press Conference at 2:00 PM on Covid-19 The Governor has revised and re-issued The Ohio Stay at Home Order. He specifically addressed fishing on Lake Erie, here the top six (6) takeaways; 1. The Ohio Stay at Home Order has been extended through May 1, 2020. 2. The public ramps will remain open (for now) but monitored, they will be watching for Safe Social Distancing. 3. Ohioans are allowed to fish as long as they are following the Safe Social Distancing Guidelines. Example; I have a 23' walk-around, I could easily fish with two (2) others, one on the bow, I'd sit at the wheel (mid-ship) and one on the back seat at the stern, we would easily be six (6) feet apart. 4. Obviously Charter Boats with a crew can't achieve Safe Social Distancing. 5. Individuals traveling from out of state to fish or any other reason would not be allowed to fish due to the new directive; that travelers arriving to Ohio should self-quarantine for fourteen (14). I suppose the caveat would be if the traveler(s) would be in the state for fifteen (15) days or more. 6. Common sense and public safety should be the prevailing factor in any decision when it comes to venturing out into the public. With that said, I'm with Captain Juls, I'm going to do my part and Shelter in Place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, at least until May 1 2020, I will re-evaluate my decision if this pandemic goes past May 1, 2020. Everyone must make his/her own decision and do what's best for you and your family. All of the above information can be found/verified at;
    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...-through-may-1

That’s a true bummer for us over here in Indiana! We live 2 miles from the border and frequent the lake as much as time and weather allows. For the past 2 years it has been tough to get out there because of the rains and winds. This year, finally, we have had some great weather and available days to get out there a couple of times....we were looking forward to more. We work with Ohioans daily...face to face, side by side, and definitely not 6ft apart at all times. It’s just a requirement for our job to get done satisfactorily. Now by the way it sounds my kids and I cannot travel 2 miles into Ohio and go to the lake...no stops at gas stations, no bait shop stops, and plenty of room between the next guy at the ramp or on the lake. For sanity sake, for food, and a darn good time with family, I hope they figure out a better way to handle this than to punish people for crossing the border to do what they have invested in. Good luck to you all out there and stay safe!

I agree I live in WV and purchase a cuddly cabin just for use on Lake Erie already paid my storage fee to leave the boat up the on land and now I cannot go fishing there. I understand the importance of this situation I’m currently working in Indiana and staying in Kentucky while working and when I go home next week I have to self quarantine for 2 weeks. Where better to that a than on Lake Erie on my boat by myself I have a generator and can be self supporting on the boat and away from everyone and not go insane staying at home reading these post anyways enough venting and good luck to all that can get out and enjoy the great fishing Lake Erie has to offer and keep in mind the ones that are dealing with the virus and their families

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    I understand the importance of this situation- keep in mind the ones that are dealing with the virus and their families
    Well said!